Part 28

Chapter 28

Saturday Morning...

I layed flat on my bed just staring directly at the ceiling. "Kaito...Kaito...Kaito..." I thought. I looked out my window and saw Kaito putting his things in the trunk of his car.

'Come back soon Kaito...'

I squeezed the ends of my shirt. I had a tingley feeling in my stomach. I layed back down and had my arm directly on my forehead.

*knock knock*

I slipped my slippers on and walked downstairs to answer the door. "Yes- oh, it's you" I blushed. It was Kaito, let me guess another gift? "Hey Yari, I know it's a bit early but I've had you on my mind ever since last night. I was thinking...maybe you would want to come with me?" Kaito asked.

My eyes widened and a small little blush was worn on my face. "Such a short notice?" I said. He nervously nodded, "I'll help you if you want". "That's not the thing, my parents won't know where I am. Then again I'd say they don't care" I muttered.

"Well what are you waiting for? Call them" He playfully ruffled my hair. I stared at him while he did it. "Is something wrong?" Kai smiled. "No! Nothing...just tired I guess" I blushed. I called my parents, "Hey sweetheart, how did you wake up today?" Mom answered.

"Good. Are you still at Mila's house?" I asked. "Yup, we'll be heading off to eat soon. So what's up?" Mom said. "Is it Ok...if I go with Kaito to his grandparents house for about a month or two?" I nervously shaked. "Of course honey! Take many pictures for us to see alright? Ok bye!" Mom hung up.

"I think it's awesome that your parents are so nice but don't you think they go out a lot?" Kaito muttered. "I've gotten used to it. Help me get my things" I tried to ignore his remark.

3 hour Time Skip...

We got all my things in the car and now we're halfway through our trip, just me and Kaito in the car. "If you're tired I have some blankets in the back seat" Kaito stopped at the red light. I nodded.

He put them over me and kissed my forehead lightly. "Hey! Stop it! Who said you could do that?" I slapped his hand. He laughed, "Sorry, I can't help myself, you're just so cute Yari". I grunted quietly and crossed my arms, "Shut up you idiot".

"It feels like you haven't called me an idiot in forever" Kai ruffled my hair. "Hmph." I furrowed my eyebrows. "If you're hungry let me know" He giggled.

For two hours straight we talked about how we'll spend our time in Deroy (Where his grandparents live). "Before I came to Silverleaf (The current city I live in), I lived in Deroy with my family of five. I want to show you everything I saw growimg up" He went on.

"Like what?" I curiously asked.

"The cherry blossom trees, the duck pond, and the beautiful sunset I saw each evening before I went to bed" Kaito smiled. "Cherry blossom trees?" I turned to him. "Yes. I would pick the flowers up and take them to the girl across my house. That girl was my first love. She was sweet, pretty, smart, and knew how to make a small flower crown out of flowers" He giggled.

"She sounds like the ideal woman" I stared out at the sunset. "I wonder if she still lives around that area. It'd be nice to pay her a visit sometime" He said.

In Deroy

"Kaito...you didn't tell me it was this beautiful here..." I bit my bottom lip. "This is quite a big city so get used to it" He smirked.