Part 40

A Week After Zai's Birthday...

Chapter 40

I was at my desk as usual. "So I heard that Miyamoto proposed to you last night" I eyed Kaori. She grinned happily, "Yes...". "I'm happy for you and Miya" I hugged her.

All of a sudden the buzzer rang. Kaori already knew who it was considering he comes by everyday. "Good afternoon Kai, Yari is at her desk".

"Thank you, it won't take very long. Oh, congratulations on your engagement" Kaito smiled. That was the last thing I heard from their conversation. The rest was muttered. Kaori stayed at the front desk.

Kaito pulled up a chair and ruffled my hair. "I brought you some coffee" He said in his normal tone. "Thank you. The good thing is, I'm getting off of work early since I don't have as much work" I sighed, smiled, then went back to my report.

"You work too hard, dear" Kaito rubbed my back. "Don't call me that it's embarrassing" I said trying to hide the pinkish glow. He chuckled, then glanced at Kaori, "I don't think she's putting so much attention on us".

I sighed. "My family has been dying to take you out to eat, you should come along with us today" Kaito mentioned. "I guess I could" I played with the ends of my hair.

"It's only going to be Sakura and my Mom" He said with excitement in his tone. "Ok" I said with a confident smile.

----------

At The Restaurant...

7:13 pm

I was sitting next to Kaito and right across from Sakura. "It's so good to see you again!" Frina beamed. "Awww, thank you" I giggled.

"Kaito's been calling me for nights just going on and on about you" Sakura added. "Sakura!" Kaito quietly whispered. I blushed.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are your parents never around?" Sakura questioned.

Small pause~

"Well...they have their business trips and they often go to places together" I felt my eyes water.

"Ah?....Sakura look what you did!" Kaito put his hands on both my shoulders. "He's right. You shouldn't have asked a personal question" Frina furrowed her brows.

"I didn't think she'd cry..." Sakura said.

'Why did I cry? I have no problem mentioning it...strange'

Frina held my hand and rubbed it softly. "Uh...sorry Yaretzi, I didn't know you'd cry" Sakura wore a guilty look. "To be honest with you, I didn't know I'd cry either, I'm usually so open about it" I said to them whilst looking at the napkin layed on my upper thigh.

"You're just sad, that's all" Kaito remarked. Sakura ate the most of her food as well did Frina.

--------

"Yari! Uh...before you go I want to take you to those cherry blossom trees again. To apologize for Sakura" Kaito smiled. Frina and Sakura smiled at me.

"Ok. I'm not doing anything tonight so I have time" I check my watch. "Good." He grabbed me by the hand and raced to the trees.
"Kaito could you please slow down! I can't run in heels!" I angrily yelled. Frina giggled, "Bye Yaretzi!".

"Then I'll carry you across the bridge this time" He grinned happily. I furrowed my brows, "Nope, not this ti-".

*Swoop*

"I can walk on my own you know!" I hissed. "Then why were you complaining?" Kaito ran with me in his grasp. He then stopped and set me down on the many flowers that bloomed.

There were two flower crowns that were set next to me. "How pretty" I beamed. He sat down. "I have...something really important to say to you Yari" Kaito's face looked flushed.

"Ah? Go ahead" I focused on the soft pink-colored crowns.

"I want to be able to call you mine, spend the night at each other's place, grow with you, lose my virgi-"

"Shut up!" I bursted out. "Well you get the point. I just can't help it when your away from me. My heart races whenever I'm around you and..." Red leaked into his cheeks as he nervously scratched his arm.

"I don't know if I'm ready. I've never been in a relationship" I frowned. It stayed quiet. The leaves rustled due to all the wind.

He kissed my hand. "You're being weird again" I blushed. Kaito giggled, "You're just so cute when you're flustered".

"Kaito I understand that you have strong feelings for me, but it would feel so weird dating one of my best friends" I could feel the warmth of a blush crawl up my neck.

Kai grabbed my neck gently and smacked his lips with mine.

'It feels so gentle and relaxing...his tounge...his soothing touch....and his flushed face'

"I love you, Yari"

*Forgive my terrible kissing scene writing skills...*