Part 36

Chapter 36

Sunday...

I woke up beside Zai and Kaito who were already awake. He was holding my diary in his hand and reading it. "Kaito! Where the hell did you find that?!" I whisper yelled. "In your room of course. Last night you went to sleep first and the rest of us read your diary" He smirked.

I snatched it out of his hand. I growled. Kaito picked my up bridal style and carried me to my room upstairs. "Put me down you pervert" I squirmed around in his grasp. "Last night I didn't get enough time with you Yari, and judging by your attitude you need some more time sleeping" He closed the door and layed me down on my bed.

"I just want to thank you for all you've down for me" Kaito sat on my bed. "What did I do?" I sat up and held my knees to my chest. "You've made me feel better. I've spent two years with you by my side" He said. "Do you know how comforting that is? To have someone with you all the time?" Kaito asked.

"You're asking a girl who grew up mainly by herself" I stated, "But having you with me has made me the person I am right now. You've been my family, my friend, and...".

Kaito blushed, "You've been like my family too Yari, you gave me that new feeling". Kaito hugged me, "I don't want to let you go" He whispered. "Can you promise me something?" He asked.

"Promise me that once we get our lives together, you'll move in with me" Kaito let his arms go loose. "I don't know...I'm not so sure" I nervously looked away. "Then I'll wait until you're ready" He pulled back.

My stomach rumbled. "But before that you should probably eat something" Kaito said.

Time Skip...

"So how did you guys sleep?" I asked Zai and Sentaro. "Great!~ I don't know what it is about that couch but it's amazing to sleep on" Zai grinned. "The floor was Ok I guess..." Shorty looked away. "Sorry about that" I giggled.

I finished my cereal and walked out to the balcony.

I rested against the bar and stared down at the fallen bird

I rested against the bar and stared down at the fallen bird. Zai came out and set her hand on my upper back. "Is something wrong?" She asked. "No. Just...thinking" I smiled at her. "Me and Sentaro have to head back home. Take care." Zai hugged me. "You
too" I said.

She went back inside.

'Why am I feeling tingley again? Why does my stomach feel so weird?'

I heard the door open. "Don't stress yourself out too much" Kaito snaked his arm around my waist. I nodded, "Ok" I said in a raspy voice. He was going back inside but...

I grabbed on the bottom of his shirt, "Kaito...I'd like it if you stayed a little longer" I let my hair drape down, like curtains after a play. His face looked surprised but happy. "It's not like I wanted to leave either" He smirked. "Just don't be weird about it, Ok?" I let go of his shirt.

"You should come back inside it's a little cold" He said. I followed him back inside and flopped on the couch. It was just me and him again...everything was so quiet. I have so much to talk about yet nothing to talk about. Kaito sat me in between his two long ass legs and wrapped his arms around my waist. His chin was rested on my shoulder.

"Hey...have I ever caused you any trouble?" I asked him. "What makes you think that?" Kai got closer to my neck. "I-I just thought maybe..."

"Everyday you cause me trouble, Yari. All the boys that look at you when I'm not around, all the girls I've turned down because of you, all the meals I've missed due to us being together all day" He said.

My mind was witnessing wave after wave of emotion. My lip slightly trembled and with the trembling it brought a fresh set of tears to leak from my eyes. No matter how much I tried I couldn't hold them back. I felt guilty for these things, like he could be doing better right now if it weren't for me.

"I'm sorry Kaito..." I turned back at him.

"You're cry-"

'Why exactly am I crying? Do I...'

"If it weren't for me you could have had a girlfriend, a job, you wouldn't suffer being jealous, you would have had-" I softly spoke. Kaito's lips met mine. The warmth of his mouth sent a current through my body. I held his hand softly as I lost myself in his soft lips.

And just like that the kiss was over. I became aware of my surroundings. "I've never met an idiot as cruel as you" I still held onto his lips. Kiss after kiss we looked at each other. "I've never met an idiot as gorgeous as you" He said. A hue of red spread through his cheeks as they burned from embarrassment.

"I hope you'll forgive me...Kai"