Part 16

Chapter 16

Monday...Morning

In case you're confused, last night after we ate dinner and mom dropped Kaito off :).

I spotted Kaito in the library. "Hey Kaito, did you just recently get glasses?" I asked. He quickly took them off, "I was just trying them on!". "Don't hide them, they look...just keep them on" I put them back on his eyes.

"I would've wore my contacts today but, there's something special I want to do for someone" Kaito kept his eyes on the book. I knew who he was talking about this time.

"Meet me after school? I want to show you something" He then turned his head to my direction. "We always walk together anyways" I ruffled his hair.

"The bell is gonna ring soon, we should get going" Kaito put the book back. As I got out of the library there was a paper that said "Prom"...it made me feel awkward.

'I've never been to a prom, and I want to keep it like that.'

Kaito adjusted his glasses and blinked twice. "Hey Yaretzi- would you maybe wanna go with me to prom next Saturday?" A random boy asked me. "I know you probably don't pay attention to the rest of your classmates, but..." The boy blushed.

I looked up at Kaito, he winked. "I think I've seen you before...Sentaro, right?" I looked at Him."Yeah! I hope you don't avoid me after this but I really like you Yaretzi, I always have too! Ever since middle school!" Sentaro grabbed my hands.

Kaito looked a little irritated. "Thanks for the offer, but I'm not planning on going" I said. "That's totally fine Yaretzi! It isn't a big deal either so don't feel bad!" He spoke fast.

"You know I wouldn't blame him. You have gotten cuter" Kaito's irritated face faded away. "It just feels so weird...I've never even had someone make a conversation with me since seventh grade" I blushed.

Ring! Ring!

"Crap! That's the bell! Bye Kaito!" I rushed to homeroom.

Lunch...

Kaito was looking really red and shy. "Hey Kai, are you alright? You've been like this since history class" I asked. "Oh, yeah I'm fine Yari!"

End of Day...

As I was waiting on the bench I saw Kaito come out with some flowers. "These are for you Yari," He blushed. "They're really nice Kai, thank you" I blushed. Without saying a word he took my hand and lead me somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I held tightly on to the flowers. "You'll see" Kaito smiled. I finally recognized the place...it was the park.

The beautiful dark green grass...the big flower trees...the sky color...

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Kaito sat on the grass with a small notebook. I locked my eyes on the gorgeous view, "Sure is...". "This is where I tend to write all my goals. I wanted to show you it" He leaned over to me.

Still keeping my eyes on the scenery I said, "This is the city park, I've been here before". Kai said nothing and pulled me against his arm. I guess you could say I looked like a fucking tomato. "Why is your face so red Yari?" He teased.

I let out a short grunt, "It's not red at all, you idiot". "I hope I can take you here everyday. Hey, how about bringing that diary of yours tomorrow?" Kaito leaned back to his person space.

"I guess this could be a good thing to do after school. My parents are usually never home so I doubt they'd notice if I went home a little late" I stated.

"Good. We'll then...I'll get going now. As always, I'll see you at school tomorrow" Kaito ruffled my hair.