Part 38

Chapter 38

Wednesday...

I woke up on Kaito's chest. He was wide awake just staring at me with his Bambi eyes. "You kept waking me up with your snoring" He covered his face and yawned, "we'll be leaving in about two hours" He added.

"How long is it from here to Zai's house?" I layed on my side and hugged the bed sheets. "About three hours. If your hungry help yourself to the fridge, and pack some snacks" Kaito mumbled. I changed into my outfit.

"Stop peeking!" I yelled at Kaito

"Stop peeking!" I yelled at Kaito. My cheeks scorched with embarrassment. Kaito laughed and turned his back to me. I tied my hair up and made my way to the kitchen. He didn't have a lot of food in his fridge but then again we both live alone. I sometimes wonder if he ever gets lonely.

I served myself a bowl of cereal, and another one for Kai. Once I served him some I went to his room and woke him up. "Let me get dressed" He groaned.

"Don't take long" I said.
______

Kaito sat across from me. "It was nice of you to serve me breakfast Yari" He smiled. "Well...I wanted to pay you pack for letting me stay" I looked away nervously. "You already payed me back" He winked, "You let me sleep with you".

"You piss my off!" I hissed.

Road Trip~...

I still couldn't get over last night. That damn pervert gave me like five hickeys running down my side. Why didn't I slap him or do something?

The land looked even more green then before. Flowers came down from the trees and the bright sun made them look even more vibrant. "I can't wait to see how tall Sentaro's gotten" Kai beamed. I leaned against his arm. "Hm? We haven't even gone fifteen minutes and you're already tired?" Kaito smiled.

"I just wanted to rest against something" I blushed. "You're more than welcome to" He said.

Time Skip because I'm Lazy...

I had chills down my spine. I haven't seen Zai or Sentaro in a year. Kaito was on the phone with Sentaro. "We're at the front of the mall that you were talking about" Kaito stated. "Sounds good. I'll see you in a little bit".

"It's warmer here than in Silverleaf" I took off my sweater. "No kidding" He looked up at the rainbow.

Silverleaf, is the city Yari and Kai live in, just in case you forgot.

*Beep!*

"Hey you ass hats! Follow us to our apartment!" Zai gave a thumbs up. I almost cried seeing that tall ray of sunshine again. "You heard the woman" I smirked and dragged Kaito back to the car. I followed them as instructed.

'I really needed this. To come and visit the ones who I call family'

We stopped at an apartment, which was honestly huge. I immediately went to go hug Zai and shorty. "I missed you guys so much!" I chimed. Kaito held onto my hand and followed me. "Finally you're a couple!" Sentaro noticed, "It's about damn time". I stared at the intertwined fingers below me. @$#!

Kaito's POV

At my touch her face turned into an embarrassing reddish hue, kinda like what I look like on a hot summer day. It was cute.

Back to Yari's POV

I snatched my hand away. "I guess not then..." Zai mumbled.  For some reason Kaito was quiet he wasn't saying much. "Anyway! I really wanna thank you guys for coming! It really made my day when Kaito said he'd bring you this time!" Zai beamed.

'She's a goddess...'

"You're family, and family love each other" Kaito grinned.
______

I was genuinely happy. I got to see Zai and her girlfriend. I got to see shorty and his mom again. And now we went to the fireworks display here in the city...

"Zai, I don't feel so well...I wanna throw up" Hana frowned and held her stomach.

Hana is Zai's girlfriend

"I'm going to take Hana home. I'll be back in a little bit" Zai looked worried. "It was really nice meeting you two!" Hana tired her best to sound alright. "I hope you feel better" I patted her head. Zai left with Hana. "Yup. That's my little sister for ya" Sentaro giggled.

"Although I wouldn't have thought my sister liked Zai. I wouldn't change anything, I love seeing them together, and I love how well they treat each other" His eyes narrowed as he smiled.

"How old is Hana anyway? She looks a little young" Kaito remarked. "She's twenty, and Zai turned twenty-six today" Sentaro said. "That's quite an age difference" I muttered. "I just hope Zai comes back soon. It would be a shame if she missed the fireworks" Kaito looked up.

"I'm sure she'll come back in about ten minutes, she's got the car" Shorty reported quietly.

"Attention visitors, the fireworks display will be held in fifteen minutes"

"That gives us enough time to set up our chair-dammit they're in the car..." Sentaro whined, pouted, then groaned. "The chairs..." I sighed and put my hand on my forehead.

"Don't worry I have the blanket, remember?" Kaito raised the long cloth. "I'm not getting my hot ass outfit dirty" Sentaro crossed his arms. "That's funny, but don't be an ungrateful fuck" I gave him a soft slap on the back.

"Guys! Sorry if I made you wait long!" Zai waved to us from a close distance. "You're back? It was only like five minutes!" Kaito looked surprised. "Psh! Hana doesn't live far from here" She said. "I brought the chairs. But there's only two..." Zai mumbled.

"Yari and I can cuddle on the blanket, don't worry" Kaito snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Cuddle?! You damn pervert!" I hissed.

"Well its settled! You two can lay on the blanket while I enjoy the view on the chair" Sentaro smirked.

Next chapter will be following this chapter!