Part 34

Chapter 34

Friday Morning...

I was happy to see that Zai and Sentaro were here this morning. "Shorty and I went to his home town yesterday! It was so, so, so, fun!" Zai said. "I'm glad you went" I smiled. "I brought back some gifts for you and Kai!" Sentaro said.

He pulled out a ring that had my birth stone on it, and another one with, I'm assuming Kaito's birth stone. "There so pretty Sentaro!" I blushed. "Awww...you're welcome Yari" He hugged me.

"Kaito said he'll be running a little late to school so you'll just have to give it to him" Zai smirked. "Oh, Ok" I casually said.

'Wait...did he say I have to give it to him? Imagine how awkward that will look!'

Day dream~

I grabbed his hand slowly and slipped the ring on his middle finger. "It was nice of him to do this don't you think?" Kaito cupped my face. I nodded.

End of Day dream~

"We'll uh...see you later then..." Zai patted my shoulder.

End of School Day...

This time I went to Kai's locker. "Hey Kaito" I greeted him. "Hey. What's that you've got in your hand?" He peeked over. "A ring..." I muttered. "Who's it for?" He blushed. "You..." I nervously looked down, failing to hide the tint of red.

He looked red from the face too. "It's from Sentaro" I said. For some reason his face looked a little bit more normal. "I thought it was from you" Kaito giggled. I groaned and covered my flushed face from embarrassment.

Kaito's House...

When we got there I saw at least twenty people in the living room, and another five in the kitchen. "Kaito!" They all cheered. "Awww! I told you she'd come with him!" Frina beamed. I waved, "Good afternoon Mrs. Yumika". "Kaito she's adorable!" A lady said.

"Yari. This is my family" Kaito grinned. "They're all so nice and loving!" I smiled. Suddenly a girl came up to Kaito and hugged him tightly. "Hey Kana" He ruffled her hair. "Here's your gift, Kaito" She softly spoke.

"And here's yours" He responded. "Is she your girlfriend?" Kana sweetly smiled at me. I hid my face from embarrassment yet again. "No. She's my best friend" Kaito blushed. "Soon to be girlfriend" Frina teased as the crowd laughed.

I sighed. "We're really happy you've found such a polite and beautiful girl Kai" His aunt said. Well...I'm pretty sure she's his aunt. I had no choice but to smile. "Everyone. Give Yari some space" His aunt said.

"By the way, I'm Diata (Dee-uh-tuh) Kaito's aunt" She shook my hand. "You can take a seat on the couch if you'd like" Frina said, "Supper won't be done in another hour or so". Kaito lead out to the patio. "Weren't we going to sit down on the couch?" I asked.

"If we would've stayed they would be asking you tons of questions" Kaito grasped my hand tighter. I sat down on one of their chairs. "It's very important to me that my family really likes you" He didn't let go of my hand.

'Dammit! Why won't he let go! Is he Ok?!'

I said nothing. Kaito leaned his head forward onto my forehead. Which made me feel even worse because my forehead was coated in sweat. "Why are you sweating so much?" Kaito asked. "I-I don't know" I felt his breath on my neck.

He slowly got closer and closer. He stopped and rested his head above my chest. All I could do was stroke his soft hair. "Yari..." He whispered. "I'm listening" I continued to stroke his hair. "Do you think they can see us?" He asked.

My eyes widened. "By the silence your giving me I figured that they can" Kaito stood up. "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable" He apologized and let go.

My whole body felt weird and tingley, as if I'd just hugged Jesus himself. A felt a certain urge to do something, but what is it?

Kaito picked me up bridal style and carried me onto the grass. He hugged me, causing my head to dig into his warm chest. It was a little awkward but for some reason it was relaxing.