Part 27

Time Skip to the End Of the Year...

-----------

Chapter 27

Last Day of School...Friday

"I can't believe that today's the last day of school!" Sentaro excitedly grinned. "I know! Every summer I go to my Dad's mansion and get spoiled!" Zai scrunched up her nose and smiled.

'Listening to them being so happy just made me feel even worse...'

"Look Yari! It's Kaito!" Zai pointed. I lifted up my face and saw Kaito with a huge bouquet of white roses. His face looked a little sweaty and embarrassed by all the attention given to him.

"Here Yari, these are for you" He blushed. "Oh...thank you Kai, that's very sweet of you" I blushed. I could hear the quiet squeals coming from Zai and Sentaro.

"I thought it would be nice to do this, since I'm leaving tomorrow" Kaito smiled. "The bell is gonna ring soon. We better get going" Sentaro set his hand on my shoulder. "I want to talk more with Yari, you two can go if you'd like" Kaito said.

"If you say so, but you'll be late" Sentaro shrugged. "Don't get carried away Kaito" Zai giggled.

"But!-" He blushed, "Never mind. Just go" He sighed. Sentaro winked at Kaito and Zai gave him a thumbs up as they left.

"Anyways. I wanted today to be special, I wanted to make my last day with you the best day of our lives" Kaito said. "Stop being so weird about it. The most I'll let you do is hug me" I rolled my eyes.

"Then I'd like to. With your permission of course" He giggled. I looked away from his direction and crossed my arms. I suddenly felt his weight against my arms. His hands were on my back slightly squeezing my scapulas (back bones).

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this hug" He muttered. "Keep being weird and I'll tear your limbs off" I blushed. Kaito laughed quietly as he got closer to my ear, "Promise me you'll still be the same when I come back" He whispered.

My eyes widened and I blushed a bit, "Uh...yeah...sure".

"Good" He said. I felt his chin move up and down as he talked. The bell rung, "We have to-"

"Let's just stay like this for a little longer. I won't be able to see you in months. That's way too much for me" Kaito hugged me tighter and tighter as he whispered into my ear.

'I really am gonna miss him. I'm too afraid to admit it, I don't want him getting the wrong idea. I like him only as a friend'

"It'll be alright" I ruffled his soft black hair.

End of School Day...

Everyone in the halls rushed out of class and ran outside. "Since today is Zai and Kaito's last day here why don't we do something special? Like buy some bracelets or rings?" Sentaro said.

"Great idea! C'mon you two!" Zai grabbed me and Kaito's hand. "Ok, Ok" Kaito giggled.

Mini Time Skip...

"These are perfect!" Kaito grinned. The bracelets were very pretty, they were silver with a little heart at the end of the chain. "Yeah. They're perfect" I said. "We'd like four of these please!" Zai said.

Once we bought our bracelets, we took many photos of us together. "Bye guys! I'll see you when school starts!" Zai walked onto her front porch. "I hope to see you again soon" We all hugged her.

"You guys are the best. For the month and a half that I've been here you've done so much for me" Zai began to cry. I handed her a tissue, "I'm glad I met you Zai". She hugged me tightly, "I'm glad I came to this amazing city".

Home...

Diary Time~

Today

Today was the last day of school. Kaito will head off to wherever his grandparents live for the whole summer. Zai is visiting her rich father and shorty and I are staying here in the same old city. I will definitely miss seeing their smiles every morning.

                                ~ Yaretzi

I set down my diary on the coffee table in front of me. I then heard a loud knock at the door. "Who is it?" I asked leaning on the door. "It's Kaito" He said.

I opened the door, "Kaito what are you doing here shouldn't you be packing-".

Before I could finish my sentence he gave me a small wooden box that had my name carved on it. "Sorry for all the recent presents, I just couldn't help myself" He blushed. I opened the box and saw the necklace that had a small blue stone.

"I hope you like it Yari" Kaito ruffled my hair. I nearly cried, "Never in my life have I ever received such a meaningful gift". Kaito stared into my eyes deeply and kissed my forehead.

I squeezed him tightly, "I hope the months fly by".

...

*I usually don't have any more of the chapter after the diary writing but hey what the heck? And this story isn't over~*

~ AnimeForLife_676 ;)