The Truth?

Warning: Panic attack
y/e/c: your eye color
y/h/c: your hair color

Well, you actually stopped at the door and turned back around and walked back into the kitchen. "No, Y/N." You told yourself.

"Hey. Woah." Dan put his hands on your shoulders. "What's going on?"

"I have to tell you something... which isn't really a big deal, so why am I making it a big deal? I don't know, I just... I can't... Alright." I took a deep breath, beginning to shake.

"Hey, Y/N. It's okay. It's clearly a big deal because you're freaking out about it." He hesitated. "Is it about the date?"

You shook your head no. And then nodded a yes.

Dan smiled lightly. "We don't have to go if you're going to freak out like this! I want you to feel safe."

"No, it's not just the date." You say, taking a deep breath. "Hold on." You try to steady your breathing but it's not working. "I think I might actually have a panic attack."

"Oh my- jesus christ! Y/N! calm down! It's alright. Just take deep breaths." Dan tries to calm you, worry and concern rushing over his face.

You shake your head. "No, I have to tell you. Or else I'll do something stupid. Really stupid."

"It's alright, Y/N." Phil said softly, standing behind Dan. "We're here for you. We're your friends. You can tell us anything."

"I know. Okay, I'm just gonna go for it. So, Uh- I have like really bad anxiety when like... interacting with other humans... I don't know. Sometimes I'm fine and other times it just doesn't work out. Ya know? You don't know. Never mind. So, I don't know why, but talking to waiters really scares me and I can't. It really scares me to the point where I'll have a panic attack just sitting there and then it all goes downhill from there. See? It's stupid and I don't know why I made such a big deal out of it." You said it so fast without hesitation or stopping, you lost all your breath, now uncontrollably shaking.

You felt really light headed and your knees buckled from under you. You were about to fall over when Dan caught you right away before you could smack your head on the floor.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, Y/N." Dan pulled you upright.

"I'm gonna sit... on the ground..." You mumbled, dropping to the floor and wrapping yourself up in a ball.

Dan and Phil were right there, on the floor with you in a second. "Y/N." Dan was breathless. "It's alright. We understand. We're here for you." He put his hand on your knee, sending shivers up your spine.

"You don't have to hide anything from us. It's alright. And don't say it was stupid, because it wasn't." Phil says.

You smiled at them weakly. "Thanks guys." You whispered.

"If you don't want to go, we don't have to." Dan repeated. "It's not that important to me. We can take a walk in the park instead or something. As long as we're together, that's all that matters."

"No, I want to go, Dan." You mumbled. "I just have to get over this stupid fear."

"It's not stupid." Phil repeated. You took a deep breath.

"Were still going on that date, no matter what I say, alright? Because I will try to talk you and myself out of it."

"You're sure?" Dan asks softly.

"I'm sure." You whispered.

~~~

Pick you up at seven?
-Dan

If that means walking two feet to my door, than sure
-Y/N

That's exactly what I meant, thank you😂
-Dan

Where are we going?
-Y/N

You don't get to know that yet. Just be ready. And yes, you do have to wear something nice
-Dan

...
.........
..............
Fine.
-Y/N

(Dan POV)
Sure, I was bit nervous, mostly for Y/N's sake, but at the same time, I was really confident and excited.

"Phil!" I shouted, grabbing my wallet off the counter. "I'm leaving!"

"Well, you don't have to shout." He was right behind me, making me jump.

I turned to look at him. He stood there, arms crossed, a smile plastered on his face.

"Jesus christ- you scared me." I said. He laughed.

"You look very fancy, Daniel." He told me.

"I try."

"Have fun. But not too much fun. And if you do, go to Y/N's place or else I won't be able to sleep."

"Ah- god, Phil!"

"Sorry, just letting you know." He laughed at me.

"Alright." I smiled back.

"It's almost seven. Don't be late." He pointed his finger at me.

"Right. Bye, then."

"Byeeeeeeeee!! GOOD LUCK!!"

~Time skip to Dan's walk to your flat, brought to you by danisnotonfire top 2016 memes~

I knocked on her door softly.

"Come in!" I heard a muffled yell.

I opened the door and slowly walked in. Y/N stood in the kitchen, going through some cupboards.

"What are you looking for?" I asked, walking around the island, her back towards me.

"My phone. I might have put it in here cleaning up by mistake." She laughed at herself. "Sometimes I'm just so stupid."

I stared at her back. She wore a simple black dress that went down to just above her knees, but the back was an open upside down triangle shape, exposing her skin.

She turned around, obviously flustered, but calmed down when she looked up at me. Her beautiful y/e/c eyes shined up at me. Her soft y/h/c hair was loosely hanging over her right shoulder.

"You look... beautiful." I say, breathless.

"Don't look too bad yourself, Howell." She smirked, looking me up and down.

I can't help but take another step closer, leaning down to clash her lips against mine. She tasted sweet and minty, all at the same time. She leaned into the kiss, closing the small gap between us.

After what seemed like hours, Y/N slowly pulled away, hesitating to stop. "Later." She grins, pressing her forehead to mine.

"... Fine..." I groan. She takes a deep breath before stepping away from me, continuing to look for her phone.

"I swear to god, if I left it on that stupid bus." She said in a high pitched voice, shattering papers that were on her table.

"This is what you call cleaning up?" Her apartment was actually a mess for once.

"I don't know what's happening with me. I guess I'm nervous." She confesses, darting her eyes around the room.

"You're sure you want to go?"

"Shut up, Dan, you're supposed to talk me into going."

"But I-"

"Yes. We're going......" She looks around, obviously annoyed that she can't find her phone. "That's alright." She decides. "I'll just leave without my phone."

"Really?" I ask her.

"No, it's my baby and I feel naked without it." Y/N says, opening another cupboard.

hola people
thanks for reading
i don't have much to say
bye
love ya,

~Hazel