Chapter Forty Five

Chanyeol is about to push Taehyung away when Taehyung smirks and takes a step backward. "What the fck is that for?" Chanyeol asks in irritation. He is so sure that he needs Baekhyun back and not his pyscho alternative. Taehyung laughs,  a laugh that Chanyeol knows too well. It's full of pain, regret and disappointment. Taehyung shook his head, "I guess even you can't bring him back huh"

Chanyeol looks away, Taehyung is right. What can bring Baekhyun back other than a kiss from the person he likes? Then definitely it will take a long time before Baekhyun comes back. Taehyung starts walking when Chanyeol grabs his arm. "You heard what the doctor told me,  you're mom wants me to take over"

Luhan's gaze to Chanyeol started to become sour after hearing what the doctor said. He couldn't internalize how of all the people, Mrs. Byun chose Chanyeol. Sehun walks to his boyfriend with some food and noticed how Luhan looked at Chanyeol who is now chatting with Eunji. "Babe.. what's wrong?" Sehun asks as he sits beside Luhan. The pretty man crosses his arms. "Why Chanyeol? I can take care of Baekhyun and Eunji, why him?" Sehun nods in understanding, he holds his lover's hand. "Lu, I was there when Mrs. Byun said it. She looks so decided when she told the doctor about it. Maybe Eunji told her something that we didn't know"

Luhan turns to Sehun, "like what? They just met Chanyeol for how many months compared to the years I've been with them. Mrs. Byun even called me to go here just to take care of Baekhyun" Sehun knows that no matter what he says, Luhan won't listen. He sighs, "if you really want to protect them, then why don't you take over instead? It's not like Chanyeol would do it" Sehun stops when Luhan didn't respond. "Oh you know he'll agree. He's dead over heels over my bestfriend" Luhan replies and gets the food from Sehun.

Chanyeol couldn't sleep. Fortunately, Eunji asked him to stay with them for the night. Chanyeol knows that Taehyung won't allow him to stay longer so he grabs this chance. He looks at his phone and sees missed calls from his mom and Kyungsoo. He sighs and decides to call his mom.

"How unlucky can you be, Byun Baekhyun" Taehyung mumbles as he sits by the balcony. He couldn't internalize, how a kind and sweet person like Baekhyun should experience all of this. He sighs and closes his eyes until he hears someone open the door. He turns and sees Eunji with some medicine. "Aren't you cold?" She asks and looked at him with swollen eyes. Taehyung clears his throat before speaking to make sure he sounds like Baekhyun. "What brings you here?"

Eunji laughs, "I know it's you Taehyung.." Taehyung's eyes widen. "Oh. I'm sorry Eunji" Eunji then sits beside him and looks at the starry night. "I wish I can hide like my brother. I wish I can just runaway from everything..." Taehyung watched her as tears fell from her eyes. "I know everything. About my parents, my dad, Baekhyun's sickness. I'm all aware of it.. but I just act like we're a normal family when we're not." She adds and wipes her tears. Taehyung looks down, "I'm sorry Eunji." She turns to him and smiles, "it's not your fault Taehyung. No one wanted this to happen.. but.. if there's one thing I want to happen, it's to have my oppa back" Taehyung looks at her and nods. "I'll do my best"

Taehyung took almost 5 deep breaths before walking to the guest room. He is about to knock when he heard Chanyeol's voice. "I'm not slacking mom.. I'm just really busy at school"

Chanyeol sighs, the nagging will never stop. He knows he could just ignore his mother forever but he also needs money to survive. "I don't know what I'm going to do with you! All I wanted you to do is follow the path I made for you! Don't you understand? You need to become the CEO of our company. Aish.. what a problematic child!!" Chanyeol sighs upon hearing the words of his mother.

He hated it, his life, his existence. He hated being a puppet of his mother but what can he do? He's stuck with this life. "I... I'll work hard again" he answers and holds his fist. "You better or I'll throw you away! You don't know how lucky you are, you ignorant fool! Stop wasting time for those useless human beings!" She says and hangs up. Chanyeol holds his hair in frustration.

Taehyung was surprised, the voice of Chanyeol's mom is too loud and the fact that Chanyeol isn't that far made sure that Taehyung heard every word she said. He is about to walk away when the door opens. "What brings you here?"