Chapter Five

Chanyeol frowns, "what the hell?" He says and sits down, he grabs his phone to dial Baekhyun's number.

In no time, Baekhyun answers, "yah" Chanyeol's eyes widen. "Y-yah? Where the hell are you?" Chanyeol can feel Baekhyun smirk from the other line. "I'm going home" Chanyeol frowns, "what?" Baekhyun sighs as he continues to walk, he's getting pissed. "My mom... Needs me, bye"

Chanyeol can't believe what he's hearing and Baekhyun even hangs up on him. "What's wrong with him? He called me because he needed someone and he... Ugh, stupid Byun Baekhyun" He is about to close his phone when he sees a message from Kyungsoo.

He doesn't want to open it, he doesn't want any connection with Kyungsoo but he knows that Kyungsoo is the only one who can understand him and the only person he really trusts even if the latter broke it a few times.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol grew up in the same environment, thus the reason why they became childhood bestfriends. They were trained to be strong and independent and that what made them understand each other. Chanyeol couldn't remember when but their love was passionate. Since they're bestfriends, they can easily tell each other everything and can help one another.

Chanyeol thought they were a perfect match, he's willing to show Kyungsoo off as the person he loves but Kyungsoo can't. Kyungsoo can't accept that he's attracted to the same gender. He knows he loves Chanyeol so much but he can't get out of his closet and thus he started to change. He started to be angry and frustrated, eventually ruining everything. That's when Chanyeol decided to just give up the thought of being together and just remained friends.

Chanyeol tried to get rid of his feelings for Kyungsoo, that's why he stayed away. He also knew that what his feeling will be a hindrance to his future. He tried flirting other people, enjoying his life, being a heartbreaker like always, but he just can't. Kyungsoo is his match, he knows it.

When Baekhyun wakes up the next day, he is surprised to see a familiar figure. "Good morning Baekhyun!" His eyes widens, "L-Luhan?!"

The chinese man smiles widely. "Yes! I'm finally back" Baekhyun smiles, "wow. I... Why didn't you tell me?" Luhan laughs, "well it's supposed to be a surprise but I guess my timing was off"

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow making Luhan chuckle, "of course you don't remember. You were... Pissed last night. I was so excited to chat with you but you cut me off" Baekhyun is surprised, "oh.. I thought that was just a dream.."

Luhan shakes his head and hugs Baekhyun. "It's okay.. I just missed you Baek" Baekhyun smirks, "Kai told you didn't he?" Luhan moves away and holds his nape. "Well you know Kai..." Baekhyun sighs, "I'm fine Luhan"

Luhan looks at him with disbelief, "of course you are. That's why you look so fine when I saw you last night" Baekhyun shook his head, "I really can't remember seeing you, I know I was with..." he pauses, "Chanyeol!"

Luhan raises an eyebrow, "who's Chanyeol?.. Baekhyun? I know you lost Taeyeon but..." Baekhyun sighs, he knows what his bestfriend is about to say next.

"I'm not going to fall for him Luhan" Baekhyun answers as he finds his phone. Luhan is able to take a deep breath, "good"

Luhan is Baekhyun's bestfriend, despite Luhan being in a relationship with Sehun, he doesn't want Baekhyun to be queer as well. They've been friends since elementary but the chinese guy has to move to China for their business. Baekhyun knows Luhan's gender and he doesn't mind because Luhan is such a caring friend, he was always there and he understands Baekhyun.

"Aha!" Baekhyun smiles as he finally found his phone and dials Chanyeol's number. Luhan sits beside him and analyzes his reaction.

Chanyeol is in deep sleep when his phone rings, he was so busy with his extracurricular activities that he slept wearing his coat. He frowns as the phone vibrates beside him, no one dares to call him at this time of hour or no one ever calls him. He irritatedly answers the call, "what?!"

Baekhyun is surprised by Chanyeol's voice. "Um, Chanyeol.. It's me Baekhyun.. I.. I just want to apologize I don't know how I got home..." The line earned Luhan with a shocked expression. Chanyeol sighs, making it loud for Baekhyun to hear. "I'll talk to you later, okay?" He then hangs up. Luhan crosses his arms upon seeing Baekhyun's shocked reaction.

"He hanged up" Baekhyun says and continues staring at the phone. "Byun Baekhyun, who the hell is Chanyeol?"

It was already in the afternoon when Chanyeol wakes up. He checks his phone and sees messages from his mom and Kyungsoo. He sighs and opens Kyungsoo's message. "Hey, I was just wondering if we can talk.." His mind read the message 3 times, thinking of what to reply.

He misses Kyungsoo, he wants the latter to be back in his life but he knows he can't. Everything is just complicated and toxic. He then remembers the bubbly but cry baby Byun Baekhyun. He smirks, he gets up to find his blue notebook, opens it where the names of every person in his life is written.

He writes Baekhyun's name, "Byun Baekhyun, the distraction"