Chapter Fifty Two

Chanyeol is near the said condominium when he tries calling Baekhyun again. It took him 3 tries until someone finally answers. "H-hello..?" Baekhyun's voice is full of fear and hurt. "Baekhyun! I'm near you. What's the room number?"

"Um... 1507.." he mumbles but Chanyeol knows that he is shivering right now. "Wait for me okay? Don't fall asleep. I'm almost there" Baekhyun nods and hangs up.

When Chanyeol reached his destination, he immediately runs to the guard. "Excuse me, can you accompany me to 1507? My friend is stuck there." the guard looked uneasy, but Chanyeol's desperate expression made him agree.

The walk to the said room was the longest walk Chanyeol had. He can't calm down knowing that Baekhyun is in danger. He knows that Taehyung can take over anytime now and take care of the situation but he is still hoping to see Baekhyun. What he can't understand is how the puppy ended up there.

"Excuse me sir! Can you please open the door?" The guard says and knocks on the door. But there is no response. Chanyeol tries to keep his cool but he can't wait any longer. "Can't we just barge in??" the guard looked at him with suspicion, "sir, we can't allow that. I'm not even sure if you really know the tenant"

Chanyeol grabs the collar of the guard. "If something bad happens to Byun Baekhyun I will make sure that you won't be able to find a job after this" The guard sighs and gets the keys on his pocket.

When the door opens, they found the tenant knocking on the bathroom door. He is already on his 40s and he is extremely drunk. "Open the door sweetie" Chanyeol's mind is completely distrated because of his anger. He pulls the man and punches him so hard that he fell on the floor. "Sir! You can't do that!" The guard says and helps the tenant.

Chanyeol didn't mind and tries opening the bathroom door. "Baekhyun, it's me, Chanyeol. Open the door"

Baekhyun is trembling. He is back in this situation, something he was able to escape years ago. He couldn't think of anything else to save himself and all he wants to do is disappear. But something is stopping him, Chanyeol's words are so strong that he makes sure that he doesn't fall asleep.

He bites his lips, too hard that it bleeds. He is losing it, all his strength. His eyesight starts to blur but the trembling is not stopping. His whole world lightens up when he hears Chanyeol's voice from the other side.

He couldn't stand up even if he wants to. He tries answering back, but his voice is gone. The knocking continues until he hears the keys. In a short while, the door is finally opened. As if time stops, Baekhyun's world slows down as he watches Chanyeol run to him.

He was able to witness how worried Chanyeol looks like. His heart started to beat rapidly, just like in those movies. He finally feels safe.

"Baekhyun"

Chanyeol is about to hug the latter when Baekhyun's hand stops him. "Don't." Chanyeol pauses and realizes that Baekhyun is trembling. "Hey.. I'm here. You're safe" but Baekhyun did  not respond.

Chanyeol then sees the bruises on Baekhyun's arms and even his face. He frowns, how could that stranger hurt him and why. "Baekhyun, we need to go. I need to take you home" Baekhyun hugs his legs and stops Chanyeol once again. "Y-you can't touch me. Please"

Chanyeol doesn't understand why, he wants to hug Baekhyun so tight right now. He hates seeing Baekhyun like this, so weak and helpless. "Can you stand?" He asks. Baekhyun takes a deep breath and nods.

He is slowly trying his best to stand up and Chanyeol is about to support him when Baekhyun stops him once again. "Please Chanyeol." Chanyeol sighs, whatever Baekhyun's reason, he has to respect that.

When they finally reached Chanyeol's car, Chanyeol thanks the guard and gives his card in case the tenant decides to complain. The guard scratches his head and accepts it.

Baekhyun is looking through the side mirror. The trembling of his body is lessened but his heart is not calming down. Even if he feels safe that Chanyeol is there, somehow the traumas of his past is still haunting him.

"Hey" Chanyeol says as he hops in. He looks at Baekhyun with care (though he couldn't explain how he did that.) Baekhyun turns to him, "thank you Chanyeol" the giant is about to hold his hand but he moves away. Chanyeol sighs and starts the engine.