Chapter Fifty Nine

Kai smells something fishy. Something is definitely not right and he knows it. The way Baekhyun answers and the fact that Chanyeol is absent for 3 days creeps the hell out of him. For the longest time of being Chanyeol's friend, he knows that the giant is in danger.

[flashback]

Kai got transferred to a new school since his parents decided to move to the city. He barely knew anyone and he gets bullied because of his skin tone. Kai would always cry at night and wish that someday, someone would want to be his friend.

A few days later, it is as if God heard his prayers. Kai was offered to be a part of the varsity team since they noticed that he is good at sports (and dancing). He gladly took the offer and met the members of the team. It was awkward at first, but he was paired with this tall giant who is said to be good at any sport.

Kai admired this guy and promised himself that they will be friends. When Kai first approached the giant, he was rejected. The giant said that he doesn't want to be friends with anybody other than his bestfriend who, Kai thinks, looks like a wimp.

But Kai didn't give up and proved himself worthy. Eventually the giant gives up. "I'm Chanyeol and you're Kai right? Okay. We'll be friends."

Kai is the happiest guy in the world. He also regained confidence that he can be friends with everybody at school, thus he met Xiumin, Chen, Suho and the others.

But despite his new friends, Kai likes Chanyeol the most. He doesn't know why, but the giant amazes him and also his bestfriend, Kyungsoo. He doesn't believe that they are robots and thus he was right when he found out their feelings for each other.

Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol's relationship worsened and Kai never did anything about it. He doesn't want to intrude on their privacy and also, Kyungsoo seems to hate his existence. Kyungsoo was also the one who told everyone that Kai is blabbermouth (well it is true but Kyungsoo shouldn't have done that in the first place. Kai believes that Kyungsoo only did it so that he would avoid them).

Kai is also aware that Mrs. Park hurts Chanyeol. He can see the bruises on Chanyeol's neck and arms but he never told his friend about it. He is always waiting for the time when Chanyeol would open up to him but it never happened.

It is also the same reason why Kai investigated whether Chanyeol's feelings for Baekhyun is true. Fortunately, it was real. Kai was so happy that Chanyeol finally found someone who would love him back, a love that is pure and innocent not like Kyungsoo's.

Kai met Baekhyun when they were in high school. He knew that the puppy was a sunshine and could love unconditionally. He helped him to have Taeyeon but unfortunately, she gave up on him. Kai never knew that Baekhyun is/could be gay. At first, Kai was hesitant when he found out Baekhyun's feelings for Chanyeol. He knows how Chanyeol's mind works and he doesn't want Baekhyun to be hurt again. But after the said investigation, he is assured that everything will be fine.

But not that easily.

That is why Kai is determined to help his friends be happy. He would do anything he can to see their smiles once again.

[end]

Kai sighs as he walks to the cafeteria, even if the food is tasty, it still feels like something is missing. He is near his shared table with Baekhyun when he saw him discussing something with Luhan and Sehun.

"Are you sure you can do it? I mean we can come with you. Who knows what will happen." Luhan asks with concern. Baekhyun takes a deep breath. "I don't know, Lu. But I have to do something, I have to save Chanyeol from his mother"

That's when everything made sense; Baekhyun's gloomy expression and Chanyeol's disappearance. His thoughts were distracted when he hears Baekhyun speak once again. "I just don't know how to"

"I know"

Baekhyun, Luhan and Sehun turns to Kai. "I know how we can save him"