[ 11 ] You'll look Ravishing, I'm Sure

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #374 in Chick Lit

Goal: 8 Votes and 4 comments
And I'll post a sneak peek to the site!

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something Real

[ Chapter 11 ] You'll look Ravishing, I'm Sure

....................................................................

Despite how badly the date had gone a few days ago, Jay had invited Wren to his first tryouts in San-Francisco. Needless to say, I wasn't happy about it.

"Scarlett!" My mother called after me. I could feel my chest constricting the instant I heard her shrill voice.

Hayden gave me a small smile, the man making sure to stay near. During our short time knowing one another, we had developed a mutual indifference to my mother.

"What?" I asked.

My mother reached out, grabbing onto both Hayden and I before pulling us aside. We wouldn't want to be in anyone's way as they headed in to watch the tryouts.

"I need to ask something of you both," she started. "Tomorrow is the day that we had reserved to meet the Jensen's on their yacht, but I've just received a call from my bridal designer, and she now has a spot open for tomorrow."

"What does that have to do with us?" Hayden asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Would it be too much to ask that you both handle the appointment with the designer? Scarlett, you would fit beautifully into the dress I've picked out, and Hayden almost matches Elias' stature." My mother explained. "Plus, it would be the perfect time for the both of you to test out your bridal party attire that Elias and I have set aside for you kids."

"You want us to take over the appointment, while you and Elias go on the yacht?" I summed up, receiving a wary smile from my mother.

That was a first.

"It would mean the world to me," she added in.

"Done," Hayden agreed. "We'll take over the appointment. You and Elias just worry about networking tomorrow."

I couldn't hold back the frown that was now resting on my face as I turned to look at Hayden. What was he thinking?

"Fantastic!" My mother cheered before throwing her arms around both Hayden and I. I gently patted my mother's back. She almost never hugged me.

She pulled away, flashing us both an ecstatic grin as she scurried off towards the stands. Elias most likely reserved a prime space for the family, and my mother would be wanting to get back to her fiancé.

She couldn't keep him waiting long.

"What the hell?" I asked, slapping Hayden's upper arm as I did. "I don't want to try on a wedding dress!"

"Would you rather play nice with a bunch of Elias' business partners while being stuck on a yacht?" Hayden smirked. "Didn't think so."

"That still doesn't make it okay for you to just make up my mind for me," I sighed. Hayden shook his hand before taking hold of my hand, pulling me forward and towards the stands.

"I just thought it'd be best if we both stayed back from this one," Hayden said elusively.

I frowned once more, coming to a stop and turning Hayden around to face me. "Why, exactly?"