[Extra] Hayden

Thanks to @snugglybooksandcocoa for her character Cecelia Andrews!

Highest rank on the hot list over the last month - #4 in Chick Lit and we hit 270k!

________________

© 2018 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something New

[ Chapter 1 ] It's Not You, It's Me

. . . . .

Hayden

3 Months

. . . . .

I couldn't feel anything. Hadn't been able to for a while now.

"Where to?" She whispered against my ear, her teeth scratching my ear lobe as she did. "We won't be alone much longer."

"I don't know," I shrugged her off, flipping to the next page.

Rolling her eyes at me, she slammed the textbook shut. "Hayden."

At this point, I didn't even want to look up at her.

"I don't know," I ran a hand through the mess I called hair. After getting to school in August I hadn't found the need to comb through it.

Elias wasn't on my ass about things like that anymore, and neither was Scarlett.

I shook the thought away.

"Want to grab a beer or something?"

"That's the exact opposite of what I was thinking," she corrected me. "Can we head back to your place?"

"We're alone now," I droned, leaning my head against the back of the couch.

"I guess it's my pick then," she smirked back at me, pulling her legs off my lap and standing from her spot on the couch.

She quickly gathered up the quilt that had been hanging over the back of the couch, forcing my head back up as the girl nodded off towards the door.

"Come on," she urged. "My roommate will be back at ten."

I nodded, slipping on my shoes, "then I guess we better get a move on."

-

The quilt felt scratchy against my hands, and the cool breeze wasn't doing much for me either. Not that she seemed to care.

"Move," she huffed curtly, rolling us over and landing me firmly on my back.

The quilt didn't feel any better on my bare back than it had my hands.

Her black hair pooled over me, acting as a blindfold to the stars above as she steadied her knees on either side of me. She claimed she couldn't go a second without looking up at the stars. She obviously had other plans for a moment like this.

The numbness still plagued my nerve endings. Even running my fingers over her pale skin made no difference.

Though she winced in pain as my fingers ghosted over the crook of her neck, she pushed through it. Seemed like the thing to do, I guess.