[ AN ] Rewrite Info

Something Real - Rewritten

(Posted August 2018)

I would like to first say hello to all my new and returning readers - I'd like to apologize for my all too long hiatus from writing. To make up for it, I have put all my efforts into the Something Real series and have started posting new chapters to Something More and Something New.

I want to thank you all for being patient with me - to start things off, I believe a few of you have caught wind that I am gearing up for a rewrite of this beloved book.

I want to make it clear that nothing HUGE is changing. The main point of the rewrite is to add Hayden's POV alongside Scarlett's, while also lengthening the story as a whole.

That being said, I would love to hear all of your opinions. You guys' input is what keeps me going, and ensuring that everyone is involved in the rewrite is so important to me, since, at the end of the day, this story is for you guys.

Already noting a few problem areas that I am planning to fix:

Wren's personality in the first book (I had always planned on revealing why she acted the way she did but never got around to it)

The Scarlett/Zane dynamic and general lack of relationship

More backstory/more inclusion of the Gentlemen's Guide gang

Along with the addition of more 'family time' so we can get to know Angel, Elias and Jay better).

I would still love for you guys to let me know what you'd like to see changed/added.

A few ideas to get the ball rolling (inline comment if you can):

•Title Change?

•Did we like the reason Hayden left UPenn?

•Did we like Scarlett moving in with the family?

•Any particular changes you'd like to see in Wren?

•Should Jay have a bigger role?

•Would we like flashbacks at Hayden/Jay's childhood?

•Any way to build to Scarlett/Zane's relationship and or, more importantly, Scarlett and Hayden's?

•Just making sure we all like the couple name Harlett... 😜

•Literally ANYTHING ELSE YOU GUYS CAN COME UP WITH! (Have a freaking free for all)

The rewrite will not happen overnight, so don't expect new chapters all of a sudden. My main focus at the moment is starting and finishing Something New and Something More. When I do get around to posting the new edition, I will be creating a new book on my profile. I'll keep you all updated on the status of the book though!

Thank you all again for your constant support. I would not have been able to get through the last year without you all, and honestly, I couldn't be happier to be back.

Before I go, if anyone has any cover art or edits that they'd like to send in, check my profile for my email and I would love to include them in the rewrite! I'll be making some as well :)

~Shay