Its all the past

** City's POV**

I sit here and think. Should I tell him the truth? I wasn't the most popular person in the school.

I say " Well, I wasn't very popular. You know everyone makes fun of the redneck until the zombie Apocalypse. I was made fun of for hunting, my accent, my brother, what I ate, and my height. I'm so short. When it all started I was in school on the play ground. Yeah I used to sit on the play ground. Don't judge. Anyways my dad was texting me. He wanted me home. He didn't want me to get hurt. Let's just say he was abusive to the boys and he never hit me. My mom left me, Daryl and Merle with him. I was left alone and one of those creeps came up on me and attacked me. I always carry a knife and so I stab it in self defence. I run home hoping my brothers will comfort me but when I got there. They left me with my dad. After he fell asleep I packed clothes and left. I went to my moms house and stayed there. Cause I knew if I stayed I wouldn't make it far. I would end up dying because he wanted to live. I stayed at the house with Denver and then when we went on a run she died. Then a few days later you saved me and here we are now. Your turn. What's your story?"

He says " I was in school and one got in and we all started running. I ran home to my mom. My dad was in a coma from getting shot. Shane took us and we found a camp. We stayed there until I got shot. By then we found my dad and all that. We went to this farm and Hershal saved my life. Then that got over run so we all met back on the high way. Turns out my mom was pregnant. My dad found the prison and while cleaning it out from walkers, my mom went into labor and had Judith. She didn't make it so I shot her in the head because I didn't want her to suffer. We all got settled in and we gathered food. We lost T-dog, my mom and Carol. We thought she was dead but Daryl found her in a little room.  About 2 weeks later. My dad was back to his normal self and I wanted to go walking. I got my gun and went. Then is stumbled a crossed your house and bam. Here we are now. How did things go when your brothers where with you."

I say " My dad would beat them. I always comforted Merle because Daryl would lock his door to his room. I would sing and treat his wounds to make him feel better. It always worked. Merle loved me to death. Daryl did to even though he didn't show it. I know he did. Merle took a lot after my dad. Yeah, we can put it like that. My dad would only play fight with them when I'm watching. I mean I know I don't have the best dad but he always protected me for some reason. When my brothers were gone and my dads friends where over they would all take turns. They would all say random things to me. Sometimes they would make since but sometimes they wouldnt. I never said anything back because I was scared he would beat me like my brothers. My dad never let me out of the house unless it was school related. We I got home he would always make sure I didn't tell anyone about my brothers. then he would talk to me until my brothers got home. They were never home when I came home from school. They had collage. So I was left alone with him. When the boys where out at night, I would cry myself to sleep. Sometimes I would wake up in Daryl's room. I guess I sleepy walked. You know I didn't have the best life out there."

He says " Oh my god City, come here."

He pulls me into a huge hug. I felt so safe right then and there. Its like the world around us was normal again.

He says " I can promise that while your with me, I'll do everything I can to keep you safe. No matter who the threat is. Okay?"

I nod. I wish I could tell him about what Merle does.  Oh well that's the past. Merles gone. I might go visit him one more time before I completely say good bye. There's something weird about the governor. He looks kinda familiar.

I say " I think I'm going to go see Merle one more time tomorrow before I completely say good bye. After all he is my brother and I love him to death."

Carl says " I'll come with you. Keep you safe."

I say " No. I want to go alone. There's someone there that I need to talk to. He looks so familiar and m gonna figure out why. I also have some things to discuss with Merle. You can walk with me but other than that I don't want you in there. The place freaks me out."

He nods. I guess he understands. He lays down and  I lay down next to him. He intertwined our fingers. I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep. I know this is a bit weird being we just started dating but I can't help it. I have nothing else to do and I'm so hungry. So by the time I wake up dinner will be ready. I haven't eaten in 6 days. No wonder I'm so skinny.

~ City's dream~

Merle says " Don't scream or I'll kill you and anyone you love."

I nod my head slowly and met his eye stare. He starts telling me random stuff. I doze off into a weird gaze. I can't help but let out a small scream.

He says " I thought I said if you screamed I would kill ya?"

I say " I'm sorry. It slipped. Now come here."

Well, I have to make up for it somehow. The best way is to tell him my problems. Yeah, that will drive him crazy. He walks up to me and acts like he's going to hug me but stabs me instead. I scream in pain and see Daryl come running in. Then everything went black.

~end of dream~

I wake up panting. Carl sits up and looks at me.

He says " You okay? "

I feel my stomach for a bandage and sure enough there's one right in the spot that Merle stabbed me in my dream. Maybe it was a memory.

I say " I think I just dreamed a bad memory. Is that possible. Does it sound crazy?"

He says " What was it about?"

I say " How I got stabbed. Carl, will you tell me if I'm right."

He stares at me in the eyes and sighs. He nods his head slowly.

I say " After Merle said he wanted to talk to me he lead me in a room. He talk to me. I screamed and Merle stabbed me. Daryl came rushing in and I pasted out. Hershal bandaged me up and all that. You were by my side. You would talk to me. You would kiss my forehead. I remember all of it now. Why wouldn't anyone tell me?"

I look at him. He was there by my side the whole time. He didn't leave. Oh my gosh. I can't believe it. He really does love me.

He says " I was there for you. And I expect the same thing from you if something happens to me. Daryl wanted to keep it from you so I respected that."

I say " Thank you. You was always there from the very beggining. You listen to me and everything."

I lean in and kiss him. That's the only way I can think of to repay him.  He deepens the kiss a little, but not to much. Just enough to know that he really likes me. He pulls back and looks at me. I look at him and can't help but smile.

He says " Why don't we go get some food. Dinners been don't for a while now."