chapter 6 ✨

"By the way, Where do you go to school?" Lin asked.

I was shocked. I wasn't expecting him to ask this. I haven't gone to school in years. I went until 3 years after my parents died, then i focused more on gymnastics that I didn't bother going.

"Uh.." I said
"Maddie. Where do you go to school?" Lin repeated

I looked over at my medals, trying to think of an excuse to use. I couldn't think of anything.

I looked down at my lap. "I haven't gone to school in 3 years." I whispered. I felt the bed sink indicating Lin was sitting down on my bed.

"Why?" He asked
I looked back over at my medals. "I've been doing gymnastics since I was 2. Once my parents died, I couldn't focus on my education anymore. After 2 years since they died, I wanted to take my gymnastics career to something bigger than what it was. I'm suppose to be a freshmen in high school right now." I said, not looking at Lin at all.

"Well.. Do you want to go to a public school?" Lin asked.
"No. I would be too stressed, and I wouldn't be able to focus on my career."
"Okay. We can get you into online schooling." Lin said. I smiled, knowing that I wouldn't have to dread that and I could focus on the olympics.

Lin started to walk out of the room, but stopped at the door.
"You do need to tell me everything about you. Maybe tell the cast?" He said. I nodded and smiled.

I was actually excited to meet the whole cast. From what i've heard, they all seem really nice.

45 Minutes Later

"The whole cast in here. You ready to meet them?" Lin asked at my door.
"Of course!"
We walked out to the stage. I saw many people standing around. Many talking and laughing. Lin started yelling and waving his hands to get everyone's attention.

Once everyone quieted down, all eyes were on me. I started to get uncomfortable. I felt like I did something wrong, and they wouldn't accept me. I grabbed Lins hand, and immediately calmed down.

"Everyone. This is Maddie. She is the girl I will be fostering." Lin said. I smiled to everyone. Lin started introducing me to the cast.

A/N - Original cast members are still in the show right now.

"Hello. I'm Renee! I play Angelica!"
"I'm Jasmine, but call me Jazzy. I play Peggy and Maria Reynolds"
"I'm Phillipa. I play Elizabeth!"
"I'm Christopher. I play George Washington."
I'm Daveed. I play Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson."
"I'm Leslie. I play Aaron Burr. I get to shoot your .. dad?" I laughed at his response.
"I'm Anthony. I play John Lauren's and Phillip Hamilton! Sorry about earlier." I nodded, indicating that it was okay.
"I don't even wanna tell you my real name. Just call me Oak. I play Hercules Mulligan and James Madison." I laughed.
"And Im Lin! I play Alexander Hamilton." I laughed once again.

We all walked over to the other cast meeting the ensemble. After about 15 minutes of meeting everyone, Lin quieted down. I knew what this was gonna be. I would have to explain my life, and what I went through.

"Alright Maddie. You gotta introduce yourself now. Tell us your life story." Lin said. I trusted everyone here.

Everyone sat down. I sat down in the front with Lin sitting next to me.

"Alright.." I said, shaking a little.