chapter 22 ✨

I walked off the stage putting on a fake smile to the whole audience. I did alright for my first performance, I messed up on a few parts, but they weren't noticeable.

I walked back to the apartment in the theater, grabbing some water changing out of my outfit into some sweatpants and an old gymnastics shirt. I grabbed my phone scrolling through twitter, still seeing most of the unwanted hate.

"Hey Mads.." Lin said walking in. I raised my eyebrows smiling at him.
"Everyone is going out to dinner tonight. You wanna join?" I shook my head walking over to my bathroom putting my hair up taking off all my makeup. Lin sighed walking away from me, but turned around before leaving.

"Sweetie. If that hate is getting to you so much, please tell me. I will make tell everyone to stop." I rolled my eyes turning to him.
"Lin. You don't understand. It's social media. They will say the shit that they want no matter what you say." I said, with Lin looking at me crazy because I just cursed in front of him. He took a deep breath.
"We will talk about this later." He stormed off to the cast members. I heard the door of the theater shut and quietness fill the theater. I walked back to my bed, sitting down, having tears fall down my face.

Maybe this place wasn't the best for me. Maybe he should just find someone else. Maybe I'm not good enough..

I grabbed my bag putting some supplies in it, then wrote a note placing it on my bed. I grabbed my phone debating on if I should actually take it.

I shut my light off looking at my room one last time, shutting the door.

I walked over to the theater entrance, checking the time. 11:30pm. The cast won't be back till probably 12:30. I got time before my phone starts blowing up.

I placed my foot on the pavement and began running in a direction I thought I never would be going to again.

The Gymnastics Gym.

I decided a few weeks ago I was done training. I was putting up my grips and focusing on dancing. My coach gave me keys just in case I wanted to train again. Crashing there until I find out where I need to go shouldn't be a deal, and Lin won't think I would be here since I quit.

I walked in putting a blanket on the mat. I decided to go on twitter.

@MaddieParker - I'm. Done.

I locked my phone, rolling over to fall asleep.