chapter 26 ✨

Maddie woke up the next morning extremely excited for the school trip. She got dressed nicely today, with being the only nice clothes she had.

She ran downstairs making breakfast for Eric and Karen. Once she finished, she bolted out the door walking to her school.

Once she arrived, she took a deep breath taking everything in, knowing she was gonna be happy again.

Lin woke up the next morning extremely excited for today, going to everyone venting about how he gets to see his daughter again. After the 10th time that everyone heard him, students started walking into the theatre getting ready for the performance. Maddie was freaking out, not knowing how Lin was gonna react while Lin was ready to grab her from the audience and hug her.

Maddie POV

I walked in the theatre, having memories flood back. I began to tear up immediately, ready to see the cast again, to see my family. I took a seat next to one of the popular girls, which was such a drag.

"Hello. Hello. Hello!" The minute I heard Lins voice, my head snapped up, making eye contact with him immediately.
"Okay! We are gonna be answering some question today, and also have some perform!" Oak said to all of the students. I smiled, hearing his voice made me happy.

After all the questions were asked and answered, Lin started asking students to come up and perform something for him. I immediately volunteered, knowing that this was my chance.

Daveed immediately called on me bringing me up to the stage. I stood next to Lin while three other girls were being brought up.

I felt hands go on my shoulders, looking up noticing Lin already crying. I could already tell he noticed the bruises on me, which doesn't surprise. Eric never thought that he could hide them so people wouldn't worry.

Once everyone was finished, Jasmine walked over to me pulling me backstage. Couple minutes later, the whole cast walked back to me.

"Maddie!!" I heard Lin yell.
"Dad!" I yelled back, calling him my dad for the first time. Tears were filling our eyes hugging tightly.

I looked at the rest of the cast noticing everyone crying of happiness. I was so happy to be back home, where my real family was.

(A/N
Crying while writing this. 😭 I hope you guys enjoy!)