chapter 40 ✨

ONE MONTH LATER

I walked over to my mirror looking at my outfit. I was extremely nervous about what was gonna be happening.

Today I was officially getting adopted by Lin.

I walked out to the kitchen seeing Lin fixing his tie in the mirror. I sat down on the couch going through my social media, favoriting and retweeting things from some fans of Hamilton and Lin.

"I'm literally sweating like a sinner in a church." Lin said. I started laughing for about 5 minutes as Daveed and Oak walked in asking Lin for help with ties.

Aren't you supposed to learn how to do a tie as a teenager? Why do boys struggling with it still?

I grabbed my shoes and walked over to Jasmine.

"Hey." I said, sitting down.
"You okay?" Jasmine said.
"Yeah. I'm just extremely nervous. I never thought in a million years that I would get adopted by someone who actually cares." I said. I never thought I would even be adopted by a broadway star.
"Lin is very excited to be able to call you his daughter. He loves you with all his heart."
"I know. I just don't know if I'm ready to replace my parents." I looked down at my nails picking at the new nail polish.
"Hey. Look at me. It's okay to feel that way, but if you don't want to get adopted, you need to tell Lin now."
"No. I would love to have Lin as my father. I just don't want to replace my parents."
"You aren't. I promise you that." Jasmine said, pulling me into a hug.

Jasmine and I walked out to the stage meeting with the rest of the cast. We walked out to our cars heading to the court.

Once we arrived, I could see Paige and Brian sitting in the room as well. I went over to them hugging both of them.

"I'm so excited for you!" Paige said, grabbing me again hugging me. I laughed.
"You look beautiful. I'm really excited for your future with your new Dad." Brian said. I blushed hugging him immediately.

I could hear someone cough behind us. I looked behind seeing Lin, Anthony, and Chris standing there. I immediately let go of Brian saying bye to him walking with Lin to the front.

The judge walked in taking a seat in his chair.

"We are here today to officially make Lin-Manuel Miranda adopt Madison Berlyn Parker." The judge said. I was shocked that my middle name was used.

"Lin-Manuel. Please come to the front." Lin stood up walking over.
"Do you promise to keep Madison in a safe environment? Promise to have loving care for her? Promise to support her with all decisions she makes?" The judge said.
"Yes your honor." Lin said. I smiled at Lin as he walked back.
"Madison. Please come up to the front." I stood up
walking to where Lin was, "Do you feel safe in the environment of Lin-Manuel? Believe he will provide loving care? Believe he will support all of your decisions?"
"Yes your honor." I said, mimicking with Lin said.

I walked back to Lin. He grabbed my hand as the judge began to write things down.

"I am here to officially present now that Madison Berlyn Parker is now named Madison Berlyn Miranda. I wish the future will be delightful for you and your family." The judge said. He cleared everyone. I stood up hugging Lin immediately.

I looked over at everyone seeing them crying, and now I noticed that I was crying.

Once we finished, we walked out going out to lunch to celebrate this beautiful moment.

I finally updated.
I have some bad news. I finished my soccer tryouts and..

I didn't make the team.
I was extremely heartbroken with knowing that I went through the whole tryouts with strep throat and almost being hospitalized Friday.

It's okay though! I'm starting a new league that isn't based on politics and what your last name is!

Wish me luck!