chapter 27 ✨

5 Months Later

"Maddie! Let's go. You have dance class in 5 minutes, and the teacher isn't so nice!" I heard Lin yell. I grabbed my dance bag walking out meeting up with Lin to go to dance.

Since I came back, my old parents have been put into jail for abuse, and Lin has taken full custody of me. He hasn't adopted me yet, so my last name is still Parker, but I believe he will soon.

I joined a dance studio as well. My sister, Mackenzie, also dances there as well, which is amazing. I still dance in the ensemble, just not as much.

Once we arrived at the dance studio, I hugged Lin running into the lounge that we had. I placed my bag down in my locker, and began stretching.

"We finally get to find out who gets solos!" I heard Amber yell from across the room.
"We already know who is gonna get one. Ms. Broadway Star over there." I heard Haley say. I laughed turning around walking over to them. As much as we like to pick on each other, we are truly a family.
"Girls! Let's go!" I heard our dance teacher yell. We also stood up walking into the studio.
"Okay! Nationals week! I'm not playing this year. The soloist are, Maddie, Amber, Chloe, and Mackenzie. Everyone is in the group dance. Be prepared for one hell of a week." Our teacher, Ms. Johnson said, "Maddie. Let's go!"

I walked to my teacher as the girls left. I began listening to my music, excited to pour my emotion into this.
"Alright. This routine is about birthdays. You need to use your emotion in this." Ms. Johnson said as I nodded back. I began doing the steps that she taught me so far, excelling every move.

Once I finished my routine, I ran to get water taking a drink cooling off. I was extremely happy with how my routine was coming out.
"Maddie! Let's practice it one more time!" I heard my teacher say. I ran out getting into my starting position.

Half way through the routine, I could feel something that was off, like something one gonna happen. As I was finally getting to the end of my routine, I did the Ariel that I was supposed to do, but ended up landing on my head. As I rolled forward, I smashed into the glass wall that we had in the studio.

I could hear something crackl, falling to the ground immediately hearing my teacher yell to call Lin. I got up from the ground, noticing the glass that was shattered all over the floor. I rubbed my forward not feeling any blood. Whipping around to my teacher immediately as she stopped, immediately regretting it because of my head.
"Maddie.. how?" Ms.Johnson said.
"I-I don't know.." I said. It was honestly a miracle I wasn't bleeding. I got up from sitting down, but was immediately pushed down.
"No. You're going home." I sighed, knowing I couldn't get out of it. My friend brought my phone from my bag, which kept me occupied until Lin came.