chapter 35 ✨

I woke up checking the time. 6:00am. I widen my eyes immediately, shocked that I actually slept through the whole day.

I flew the covers off of me, staring at my legs in disbelief. I was gonna make myself walk again, whether my body was ready or not.

I began to try moving my ankles, but failed. After about 10 minutes of struggling, I began to feel movement in my feet. I began rolling my ankles, regaining movement.

I tried forcing my leg to raise. Once again, 20 minutes later, I could feel my leg raising. I brought both of my knees to my chest, smiling at the fact that I beat the odds.

I could feel all movement in my legs. I decided that I needed to know if I could walk completely. I swung my legs over to the side of my bed, standing up straight. I checked the time, 7:00am, Lin should be waking up any minute now.

I looked back down at my legs, taking a step forward. As I did, I fell face forward. I hit the floor, standing back up by grabbing my wheelchair.

I wheeled out of my room giving up. I know I have feeling in my legs, but walking would take some time. I was just gonna surprise the cast later.

"Good morning!" Lin said.
"Good morning!" I sighed, turning the TV on.
"Cast should be here any minute." Lin told me, setting some food in front of me. I glared at the food, pushing it away focusing on the TV. Ever since I had the seizures, I haven't been able to eat as much, but I know I will be able to soon once I'm fully recovered.

After 10 minutes passed, I could hear the cast out on the stage messing around. Lin wheeled me to the stage. They began to talk to everyone as I just sat there.

This was it. I had to finally show them. I cleared my throat. Everyone looked at me as silence filled the room. I took a deep breath, forcing myself to stand up.

Everyone's eyes widen, and I had a huge smile on my face. I could feel arms wrap around me as I was lifted off the ground.

"Maddie .. y-you're standing!" Anthony said. I smiled at him nodding with tears forming into my eyes.