chapter 14 ✨

"And.. Your first place gymnast is... Maddie Parker!" I heard my name being announced. I had a huge smile on my face. I walked up to the podium taking my medal and flowers. I could hear Lin screaming and everyone clapping.

"Maddie. Wake up." I heard
"Maddie. Wake up." Where was that coming from?
"Maddie. You have the championships today." But I'm already at the meet.
"MADDIE!" I jumped up seeing Lin and Anthony staring at me. I jumped out of bed and immediately started cleaning. I couldn't get another beating.

"Maddie! What are you doing?" Lin said grabbing my shoulders.
"I thought I was back at the home again." I took a deep breath calming down and hugging Lin.
"Shh.. Go get ready for gymnastics. You have the big meet today." Lin told me.

I walked into the bathroom starting the shower. Every time I start the shower, it brings back too many horrible memories. I never want to see that family again.

Once I finished, I did my hair. I had curls and then it's was thrown up into a tight ponytail. I put on my team leotard, packed my bag with my belongings and then put on my warm up/cover up.

I walked out to the stage to see only the main cast. I didn't question where the ensemble was. We got into the car. I plugged my headphones in and began to listen to my music for my floor routine. This meet sets my whole career.

Once we got to the gym, the cast went upstairs. Lin hugged me wishing me good luck. I walked into the gym meeting my team. We began to run a lap around the floor then began to stretch warming up our muscles.

"Alright. Vault is first. Let's go." We followed my coach over to vault and began to warm up.
"You want to try the skill today. You did it everyday this week during practice. It's a risk but I believe you can do it." my coach asked. I nodded my head. I don't talk during meets. It distracts me too much.

Once I finished vault, I did amazing. I landed perfectly on my skill. I looked over at the board to see my score. 9.5! (A/N I haven't been a gymnast in years so I forget scoring tbh) I walked over to bars, grabbing my grips and warming up my routine.

Once I finished bars, I landed and stepped forward just a little. I checked the board seeing my score. 9.1! I took my grips off washing my hands from all the chalk. I hate the chalk here. It just dries out my hands and my coach always tells me to deal with it.

I walked over to floor. We were all doing our passes in every corner. After 10 minutes of warming up, I was called on to the floor. I got into my pose waiting for the music to began.

(A/N I love Simone Biles! She's Amazingg!)

Once I finished, I walked off the floor and walked over to beam. I looked over at the score. 9.8! I started warming up for beam.

Once I finished beam, I landed perfectly on my skill. I only wobbled a little during a full turn. I looked at my score on the board. 8.9. That'll set me back a little. I started to get dressed again in my warm up to head over to awards.

"AND, YOUR FIRST PLACE GYMNAST IS.." My name hasn't gotten called yet. I was praying and crossing my fingers.

"MADDIE PARKER!" I looked up running to the podium. I took my medal and flowers. Dreams really do come true.

I met up with the cast after I said bye to my team.

"Maddie! Congratsss!" Anthony said
"Yo. You're teaching how to do a backflip" Daveed said
"Babyyy! I'm so proud of you!" Pippa said
"Come here! You did amazing!" Lin said
"Maybe I should get my daughter into gymnastics. You guys could be friends!" Chris said
"Yes! I'm proud of you." Jasmine said
"Good job sweetie!" Leslie said
"My little mutchkin! You did amazing!" Renee said
"Maybe you're bigger than me. Come here!" Oak said, pulling me into a hug.
"Thank you guysss!" I said smiling.

I was finally finished with gymnastics for a little. I could take a break and maybe focus on dancing again. We walked to the car to head back to the theater.

A/N
So she is done being a gymnast for now.
I hope everyone is enjoying this!