chapter 30 ✨

THIRD PERSON

"Parents reported that patient passed out then immediately began having a seizure. A couple hours ago, she hit her head twice on glass and on the ground." The doctors transferred her over to the bed, immediately hooking her up to the machines.

Maddie was officially in a coma, and wasn't having any intentions on waking up soon, but she could hear all the surroundings around her.

After a couple hours, Lin ran into the waiting room demanding to see his daughter, but visiting hours weren't starting yet.

Lin walked to a chair, sitting down slumping in his skin. Chris walked over putting his arm around him trying to calm him down.

"How? How? How?" Lin said, standing up while combing his fingers through his hair. Anthony stood up walking over to him, wiping the tears that have been forming in his eyes for hours.
"Lin. She will be okay. I promise." Anthony told him, grabbing his shoulder pulling him into a hug.

Every time Lin closed his eyes, he would see Maddie having a seizure again. He couldn't unsee it.

"Family of Maddie Parker?"

Lin stood up immediately, resulting him getting lightheaded. He blinked a few times, walking over to the doctor.

"Hello. Big fan. Maddie is doing alright. She's stable. Right now, she's in a coma, and has no intentions on waking up anytime soon." Lin broke down immediately, having Anthony hug him tightly.
"W-When should she wake up?" Jasmine choked out.
"Days. Weeks. Months. We don't know yet."
"Why did this happen? She was perfectly fine." Lin asked.
"We were told that she hit her head pretty hard earlier today, and also smashed into a glass wall. When she did that, the reason why she didn't bleed at all was because glass was stuck in her skull, resulting into her not bleeding. When she was brought in, we immediately went into doing scans and after reviewing them, we noticed that that was the cause of them. She will deal with this her entire life. You can visit her right now if you would like." The doctor nodded walking off back to his office as the cast walked to Maddie room.

Right when Lin walked in, he immediately turned around once he saw his daughter hooked up to the countless machines.  Lin and Anthony took a seat grabbing her hand.

"I miss you." Lin said, kissing her hand.
"You gotta wake up little one." Anthony said.

Everyone was quiet for about 5 minutes, just staring at Maddie.

Daveed cleared his throat as everyone looked everyone at him, "Who is gonna stay here?" Before everyone came here, they cancelled the show refunding everyone all their money.
"I will." Lin, Anthony, and Jasmine all said at the same time. Everyone said goodbye to each other, and saying a meaningful bye to Maddie.

Lin, Anthony, and Jasmine all took a seat praying that Maddie would wake up soon.