chapter 9 ✨

I walked into the gymnastics gym and over to my team.

"Hey Maddie" My friend, Lauren, said. I finally got to meet some girls that also done gymnastics here.
"Hey!" I exclaimed. I was extremely excited for today since Lin and the whole cast was watching me.
"Alright ladies. I'm gonna assign you to places." I heard my coach yell.

I was assigned to bars. I grabbed my grips and ran over to the uneven bars.

"Alright. I wanna create a new dismount for you. We need to up the difficulty." My coach said. I nodded in agreement.
I walked over and got chalk on grips. I walked over and started to do my routine. Once I got to the high bar. I lost my grip on the bar, smacking hard on the mat.

"Maddie. What the heck? You never do that." I heard my coach say.
"I know." I looked up at Lin. He was standing watching me to make sure I was okay. I walked back over starting my routine again. Once again, the same thing happened. What was happening? I smacked on the mat, which was louder than normal. I rolled over in pain. I got up and walked back over.

"Take off your grips. Go to beam and work on that routine." I nodded.

I started my routine for beam with a press handstand. Once I was standing, I decided a front tuck. I landed that perfectly fine. I smiled. Maybe bars just weren't my thing today. I continued on with my routine. I was finishing up with a back tuck. I landed it, but twisted my ankle hitting the beam and falling off. I got back on, finishing my dismount. I walked over to my bag, and grabbed a drink of water. I looked at my ankle. It was starting to swell from the beam. I shook it off and walked over to floor.

"You need to run this routine to get used to the pass you will be doing. This is the hardest pass in the town right now. It's classified as impossible." My coach said.

I nodded and waited for my music to began. I started my first pass, but before I knew it. I landed on my head slamming on the ground. I rolled over in pain. I grabbed my head. I heard running coming towards me. I was immediately picked up taken into another room.

A/N
I was really debating on making her get hurt so quickly. I wanted to spice up the story so I guess I'll stick with it.
I will be updating every Saturday unless I'm bored and having nothing to do within the week.