Chapter 43: Mr. Brightside

Lauren's PoV

So, it turned out that my attempt at keeping Camila sober for the night by drinking all the champagne that may possibly come her way has rendered me mildly intoxicated. I say mildly because I still know how to distinguish left from right, if I concentrate hard enough and use my hands as guide, so I'm not that much of a lost cause.

Dinah, on the other hand, was a swaying mass of 70% alcohol and 30% hair and she has been twerking and dropping that ass for the last twenty minutes and kept threatening to kick our asses if we didn't 'shake our booty to the beat'. We couldn't find it in our hearts to tell her that there's no beat, she's probably imagining some techno music in her head and expected us to hear it too. So we pretended to enjoy the imaginary song and 'bounced our booty like a basketball'.

Poor Ally was already a bit tipsy but she was so afraid of getting beat up by Dinah, so she was giving her 100%, and when she dipped down she lost her balance and hurt her ankle. She had to leave early to rest her leg. Poor thing was crying because she wanted to go to Drake's after-party and 'get turnt up', to which, Normani said that while we're turning up, Ally should be turning the pages of her bible for now.

I felt a hand touch my wrist and when I turned I saw Camila giving me a small smile. I didn't say a word when she slowly pulled me away from Dinah's clutches who was drunkenly trying to teach me her own choreo of a rowdy victory dance, because, to be honest, the champagne has gone straight to my head and I couldn't handle another minute of intense twerking. I must be getting old.

Walking down the dimly-lit hallway and straight inside the bathroom, Camila checked the stalls for any eavesdroppers and once satisfied to see that we were alone, I saw her lock the door before facing me.

She seemed nervous, for some reason.

"Are you okay, Lauren?" She asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine, Camz. Just a bit thirsty and slightly woozy." I giggled. "Hey, did you know that you have a twin?"

"What?"

"Yeah, she's standing right next to you." As if to prove it, I extended my hand to touch the second Camzzi, but instead, all I grabbed was a fistful of air. "Hmm, that's weird, she disappeared." I shrugged. Maybe her twin went out to find a banana.

"Lauren, be serious. Have you checked Twitter today?"

Yuck, Twitter. "Nope. Why?"

"Okay, well, you have to promise me that you'll stay chill."

Why is she acting so weird? Did I have a nip slip during the performance or something? Wait, where's my phone, I wanna check what's going on on social media. As I patted my pockets, I remembered that I gave Mani my phone so she could video me twerking with Dinah.

"Okay, so, I don't know why no one has told you this yet, maybe they didn't wanna distract you from the awards show... but..." She hesitated, biting at her lips, which of course made me think of those times when I would kiss her so hard and she moans in approval.

"There are rumors..." She kept fidgeting and avoiding eye contact.

"Of what? Just say it, Camila." I haven't got the patience nor the energy to try to piece her words together, I just wanted her to go straight to the point.