Roy Harper x reader

Roy's pov

              I heard knocking on the door, 'must be the baby sitter,' I thought, I placed Lian on the floor and walked over to the door, I opened it to see a girl about 14 with h/l h/c hair, bright/warm e/c eyes, and s/c skin. I had to blink several times making sure she's the actual baby sitter.

            "Are you alright, Mr. Harper?" she asked me "I-I'm sorry, I-I expected someone older," I admitted "are you sure you have baby sitting experience?" "Mr. Harper, I've been baby sitting since I was 12, I dealt with many kids with many different personalities," she said "so yes, I have a lot of experience," "very well," I said and I let her in "what's your name?" I asked "Y/n L/n," she replied, she instantly found Lian, "aw, what an adorable child you are," Y/n cooed at Lian, she picked Lian up, "alright, Lian's bedtime is at 8, give her some attention once in awhile, she may be a picky eater, and if a guy name Jason Todd comes by let him in," I gave her the rules "and how old is this Jason Todd?" Y/n asked "about 23 years old," I answered "he's not a rapist is he?" asked Y/n "I'm sorry, I had a bad experience with guys," she added "you don't have a problem with me," I pointed out "that's because I know you're a father to the child I'm holding," Y/n explained "I promise you, he's not going to hurt you," I said "he may flirt here and there, but they're always playful," Y/n said "alright." She said, I kissed the top of Lian's head, "be a good girl." I said to her, she laughed making me smile and I left.

Y/n's pov

            "Argh, you're so lucky you have a dad like him," I said to Lian, I placed a bowl of fruits in front of her, she squealed and happily began eating, "unlike me," I said quietly "my father's in jail," Lian looked up and gave me a messy smile because of the fruit making me smile in return, "come here, you, let's get you cleaned up," I said picking her up, I cleaned her face and placed her in her playpen before washing the dishes.

            I heard knocking on the door, I dried my hands and picked Lian up before peering through the peep hole. I saw a man wearing a leather jacket, he had dark hair and bright, emerald green eyes.

             "Roy, I know you're in there, open the damn door," the man said 'Roy?' I thought, I started thinking about the conversation I had with Mr. Harper when he first called.

Flashback

              "Thank you again," Mr. Harper said through the phone "anytime, Mr. Harper," I replied "may I ask what your name is?" I asked "it's Roy, Roy Harper." Mr. Harper replied.

Flashback over

               I opened the door just a tiny bit and said "Mr. Harper isn't present right now," "great, he left already?" the man said "is your name Jason Todd by any chance?" I asked "it is," he said "please, open the door," I hesitated, but opened the door.

               Mr. Todd limped in making my eyes widen "I had a run in with a couple of thugs," he answered my unasked question, he sat down on the couch and winced, "Roy keeps a first aid kit in the cabinet," I placed Lian in her playpen again before rushing off to get the first aid kit, I started patching him up.

                "How many men attacked you?" I asked "at least five men," Mr. Todd replied wincing when the needle went through his skin again, "aren't you a bit young to be baby sitting?" he asked "I'm fourteen, Mr. Todd, Mr. Harper was shocked too when he saw me for the first time." I said, I finished stitching him and tied the strings before wrapping his wounds up.

                Lian started pouting and whining for me, I put the first aid kit back and picked her up, I softly began humming a song . I watched Jason flex his arms and checking my stitches, "nicely done." said Mr. Todd "thanks." I said, Lian fell asleep on my shoulder and I took her to her bedroom.

                When I came out of Lian's room, I found Mr. Harper and Mr. Todd softly speaking. When my footsteps were heard, the conversation stopped.

               "Thank you, Y/n," said Mr. Harper "anytime, Mr. Harper." I said, he gave me the right amount of money and I left.