Chapter 20 | Realization

| Words cut deeper than knives. A knife can be pulled out. Words are embedded into our soul |

   "I don't want to disappear... I wanna stay here with you!" (Y/n) says as she cries on Ink's chest having him rock her slightly in his grasp. He didn't know what she meant by disappearing but knows that it's something bad that he doesn't want happening. He can see how heartbroken she is and doesn't like seeing her like this since it breaks his heart from seeing her sad. He would do anything to keep her happy and just let her stay by his side although he knows that once in a while she has to have some space. He isn't possessive over her, but would do anything to keep her safe.

   "You're not gonna disappear... You'll stay here with me, I won't let anyone hurt you or take you away from me." He tells her softly hoping that those words calmed her down. She chokes back a few sobs as she lifts her head from his chest and he could see the tearstains on her cheeks along with her face all red from crying. A soft smile forms on his skull as he pushes a strand of hair behind her ear, making eye contact with her (e/c) orbs. He rests his forehead on hers watching the small smile that forms on her lips a bit. He checks her soul only to see that it's glass. He was shocked to find her soul glass with it already cracked multiple times, he didn't know how her soul changed to glass and he could tell that something powerful is breaking her heart.

   "Could you tell me who's doing this to you? Your soul... It's glass..." He says holding her chin up so he could hear an answer from her. She was stunned at the question, and pushed away the other thoughts in her head trying to figure out the right words to tell him and explain who's doing it. When she was about to tell him, she chokes back a few sobs making his heart break from seeing her crying. "Sweetheart, it's okay... Take it easy, breathe in and out." He tells her, making her relax as he pulls her head close to his chest to make her calm down from the chaos that's been happening. After a few minutes, she tells him who's doing things to her for the past few years.

   "Ever since you went away to your universe, a child named, Chara started telling me negative things. Like your not coming back for me, calling me worthless, stupid, idiot, a wreck, fat, die, nobody likes me, and a bunch of other things. But now, I have to disappear tonight, but I don't want to!" She says as she starts to cry again, tears start streaming down her cheeks as the familiar name stays in his head remembering that he has to visit her sometime to have a small talk with her. He never wanted to see her in pain or heartbroken at all or else it feels like everything comes crashing down. And that's what's gonna happen if she disappears tonight while he sleeps. He would do anything to prevent her from leaving, but couldn't since that brat is stronger than him. The teenager could sense the fury that rages inside of him, ready to see Chara and teach her a lesson but won't since he'll protect her for the remainder of time.

   "Chara will not take you away from me, you'll be safe with me, but if she does take you away. She'll be in for a bad time along with the other skeletons. I will never forget you, nor will I ever stop loving you. You're the reason I'm alive and the only person I wake up to. You're the princess I've dreamt of ever since I was little. If we could live together and start a life of our own, I would but right now we have to deal with that devil. When we're done with them, we could go somewhere special." He tells her only to see her (e/c) orbs sparkle with happiness to hear all of that from him.

   "I love you, and you love me. And that's all that matters."

| How can we promise forever, in this world, where life isn't even permanent |