VIII - The Scientist (Tom)

Nobody said it was easy... It's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy... No one ever said it would be this hard. Oh, take me back to the start.

 Oh, take me back to the start

I messed up. Oh, I did.

Once I was a really good lad. I cared about her. A lot. I still care about her.

Some people have asked me before, why her? I would always answer them, why not?

Back in high school--not to brag but I know this would seem as if I'm really proud of myself which I can't deny sometimes--I was one of the coolest people in the campus. I was friendly, at least in my opinion.

Veronica... she had always been a nerd(a cool and pretty nerd... I was the only one who bullied her), and she's always had only one best friend. And that was Chris. I have always been jealous of that lad especially when Veronica and I called it quits.

Right now, at this moment, I would exchange everything I have to get a kiss from Veronica... or I could just actually do it now. Well, she may not forgive me forever but at least, I get to kiss her once more.

Because I still love her. That fact alone has never changed.

After she ditched me, I got mad at her. I didn't speak to her for a few weeks (she didn't really want to speak to me either so I guess I totally lost that one) and I flirted with other girls to get my mind off things. I never realised she could also do that in no time, and I never realised how replaceable I was in her life... but in my life she will always be my Veronica.

"Where are we headed to?" she asked, unbuckling her seatbelt as we found the place to park my car. I almost forgot we're in a public place and having a friendly date--trip.

Friend... I have never hated that word until now.

"I have a few places in mind but it's down to you if you like to go to a specific one," I smiled at her.

She seems uneasy as I smiled at her. Couldn't blame her though. Have I mentioned that I'm such a charmer? Just joking. Or not.

"I've only been here once for a school trip in my primary. I don't know much about London," she said, sounding a bit irritated, "except the famous attractions and the ones I read in books. They're really famous for a good reason, though," she finished knowledgeably.

I was pushy, wasn't I? Believe me, I was really surprised when she said yes to having a trip with me. She's always avoided me.

And I had no right to make her feel guilty for doing that. I deserved it. I'm such a d*ck for hurting her.

Should I tell you the story of how it all went down?