Epilogue - Best Song Ever

I hope you'll remember how we danced to the best song ever...

Three Years Later

"Ronnie, where on Earth are you?! I've been waiting for you for an hour now! I can't do this alone! You know I can't. I--"

I put my phone in between my ear and my shoulder as I struggled to keep my bag on my other shoulder, and stopping a taxi to take me to the venue.

"I told you," I said breathlessly, "I am on my way, Chris. Just a few more minutes!"

"Well, I need you here, or there will be no party," he said, sounding irritated.

I paused for a moment, the same time a taxi pulled over in front of me.

"Awww," I said in awe, putting a hand on my chest, "I am so touched Chris. I didn't know you love me that much!"

"Hey, Miss," the window of the taxi rolled down, the driver looking angry, "are you coming in or not?!"

"Oh, sorry. Yes," I told the driver apologetically. "Stop calling me, Chris! Bye! Looking forward to see you!"

"I love--" I cut him off, and went inside the taxi.

I told the driver the address of where I should've been for an hour now, and he immediately started driving.

So many things had happened in the past three years. Occassionally, I would visit Luke or Kate when I feel like I'm lonely, or so tired of work. I continued being a teacher, and my birthday wish for the past three years had always been patience. Children going through adolescence are hard to keep up with.

I swear, there was one time in my first year of teaching when I wanted to twist the neck of a student so badly for being so delinquent, but I was so much better than that. So I made him write lines. For the whole school year. He had detentiom with me for the whole school year, and I found out that his parents were going through a divorce, the reason why he was acting the way he was acting, and so I told him he won't be dismissed out of detention just because of that. He couldn't believe it and he probably thought I was heartless, but he eventually warmed up to me when we'd spend the whole detention hour eating sweets, laughing at my older colleagues' unnecessary remarks about students, and him imitating other teachers' odd mannerisms. We'd even made codenames for the teachers he hated, and talked about whatever general stuff that was happening. He'd still write lines, though, because I'd threaten him that I would tell Mrs. Polsk that he thought she looked like a toad. Of course, I was bluffing, but it was the only way to discipline him, and the child got better grades because he said I inspired him. I felt really satisfied and happy.

I'll let you in on a secret, though, he's currently my favourite student. He reminds me so much of--

"There you are, Ronniekins!" exclaimed Chris as soon as he saw me out of the taxi.

"Will you stop calling me that?" I demanded.

He just laughed at me, and put an arm around me as he took me inside the venue.

The place looked so magical. He transformed the backyard into something that looks straight out of fairytale books.

"Wow!" I whispered. "You didn't outdo yourself this time, did you?" I giggled.

"Do you like it?" he asked eagerly, anxious of my answer.

"Of course I like it!" I said then gave him an embrace. "Although I'm kind of nervous right now. I don't know what you're actually planning," I eyed him suspiciously.

"Trust me, you'll love it," he said then pushed me to go inside a room, where he said I'll love it too.

"Oh, you're Miss Ronnie Wallace!" said a lady in pink, she had ginger hair and prim and proper clothes, and was holding a makeup brush. "Well, shall we get started?" she asked.