XXVI - Gift Of A Friend

And when your hope crashes down, shattering to the ground, you... you feel all alone. When you don't know which way to go and there's no sign leading you home... you're not alone.

Dear Veronica,

      I wrote this letter to explain and apologise for something stupid that I did. I'm not usually a person who goes straight to the point, like I've said before, you know me well enough. So, I found this number of CDs the night that you and Tom broke up. Sorry, if it took a while for me to return it. I guess I was jealous, and didn't want you guys to get back together at the time. I am a coward. I don't deserve you. Also, please forgive me Veronica, for not being able to tell you and Chris, what happened between Tom and Kate. It was Tom that he was with when Chris caught them, although I don't think that Chris ever knew that. I didn't want to mess up everyone's friendship and relationship, so I kept quiet about everything. I couldn't bring myself to see you hurt because of this, but I had to let it all out, before I properly say goodbye. If ever Chris finds out, I hope you wouldn't think that it was me who told him. I may have been jealous with Tom in the past, but I will never go to that extent. I hope I presented myself to you better than that. You're a good person, Veronica, a good friend, and I know you will understand.

     But enough about apologies...

     Veronica, when I first met you, I had these feelings that I was sure I have never felt for anyone else in my whole life. You were this gorgeous girl who always seemed so happy, so full of life and energy, and I felt way out of your league. Until now, my biggest regret would be watching you from the sidelines, being scared in getting close to you. Still, I'm glad that we became friends even for a short time, and whenever I'm with you, I'm the happiest man on the planet. Veronica, when I'm gone, I hope you convince yourself and the others to continue living your lives the way it should be. Don't let my loss be something that you guys would grieve for a long time, and interfere with your plans. I only wish for one thing, though, that you guys don't forget about me, because I? I know I will be watching you from somewhere and laughing at how you guys seem to bicker a lot towards each other. However, don't fight a lot with Tom, or with Chris, even though it seems impossible to see you two stop throwing insults at each other. You're all great people. Don't lose each other over something that will be forgotten in the future.

     I will miss Chris. Definitely. He's a bit stupid, but he's the best. Please tell him that I want to thank him for everything good that he's done to me, and for all the bad things he's done to me, I guess he'll see me in his nightmares. No, just kidding. I will also miss Tom. He's an idiot but that idiot loves you so much. I hope you know that, too. He wouldn't do all the stupid things he did if he wasn't that in love with you, and I can die peacefully knowing that you'll be with someone who wants to give the world to you. So be patient with him, Veronica. Understand him. It might be hard, it might make you pull all the hairs on your head, but still, don't give up on him. I know you love him just as much. I will miss my brothers. If you ever meet them, please tell them that even though they abandon me a lot, I love them so much. I could never ask for better brothers. I will miss my grandparents. They're the best substitute for parents that one could ever wish for. I know they will be hurt too much, thinking that they should be the ones that I'm watching to die instead of me switching places with them, but I want you to let them know that I'm happy it's ending the way it has to happen, because I don't think I could bear seeing my grandparents on their deathbeds. Oh, and please tell your friend Alice that I will miss her, too. Even though we've only known each other for a brief time. She's a good person. She cares for you, so don't lose her, too. Lastly, I will miss you, Veronica. I will miss saying your name. I will miss staring at you from afar. I will miss your laugh, your smile, your face when you're frustrated, your stunning eyes, and everything about you. I never got the chance to say this, but I love you. I love you, Veronica.