X - Everything Has Changed

All I know is we said hello, so dust off your highest hopes... 

Sometimes, I do question why it's so necessary to attend Uni. All I get from it is mostly stress and depression.

I love studying! I really do! But when you have demanding professors like mine, I don't think the phrase "learning is fun" would apply. Not to mention the amount of pressure that my parents put on my back. My parents... they'll be coming to visit this weekend and I couldn't be more enthusiastic. Note the sarcasm.

"You need to relax your face, Ronnie," somebody commented behind me, "otherwise everyone might think you're constipated. Or are you?"

Who could it be? What a surprise. I didn't think he'd be attending his classes today. He was supposed to be talking to the police.

"Whatever, Chris," I said, shaking my head in disbelief.

He put his arm around my shoulders and added to the weight of my already heavy rucksack. I elbowed him. He flinched but he still didn't remove his arm. Honestly.

"What do you want?" I asked acidly.

Other students from different departments turned their heads on us. Apparently, Chris is famous in our university. Don't ask why but I'll give you a hint: girls.

"They're staring," I frowned, "A girl might jump into my face again to taunt me and claim her undying love for you," I then rolled my eyes.

"They're staring because I'm famous--"

"Well, aren't you modest?" I cut him with sarcasm.

"--and those girls are nothing compared to you, Ronniekins," he continued, ignoring my words and pinching my nose.

"Oww! Stop!" I shrieked. "You're so annoying!"

"That's why you love me," he said with an air of confidence taller than Mt. Everest.

I gave him an irate look whilst massaging my nose which I'm sure had a visible red mark on it. "Aren't you supposed to be in prison and talking to a sergeant or someone?"

"It seems like I was the one who did crime when you put it that way, Ronnie," he laughed and I nudged him on his ribs which made him gag and cough uncontrollably.

I glared at him.

"Okay, I already went there. Relax. They're close to putting the culprits in jail. They just needed me there for verification and stuff," he explained. "Hey, are you out for lunch? Can we have lunch together?" he then asked.

"I was wondering when you'd ask. I'm really starving," I said smilingly.

"Ah, that explains..." mocked Chris.

We roamed the campus to get to the canteen. On our way, Chris finally removed his arm over my shoulder when we passed by some of his friends. They had this aura of prominence and annoyance. I, for one, don't get along very well with some of them because they're stereotyping all the girls they know in uni, but of course, I always keep a discreet presence whenever I'm forced to hang out with them. By the way, I was stereotyped in the "intelligent but boring" category.

Chris was acting all too hyper (like always) and he didn't see the timid girl walking towards our way. What happened? He just bumped into the girl accidentally.

Due to his aggressiveness at a friend who passed by greeting him and wishing for his fast recovery, he hit the girl and she lost her balance, and landed not-so-gracefully on the pavement. Her bottom must be having bruises now. Chris' recklessness had that kind of impact.