10

"Sagelyn? Why're you up?" Simon asked with a tired voice, obviously jolted awake from her call. He heard her sniffle, sitting up on the couch he had fallen asleep on. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Hey, are you busy?" She asked, hearing him stand up and grab his keys. "Like editing or anything?" Her voice was strained, like she'd been crying and it wavered as if she was trying not to start again.

Simon was already on his way to his room, grabbing a hoodie for him. "No, I'm not busy. What's wrong, love?" His voice was light, like he was scared to break her as he spoke. "Do you want to go drive around?"

"Can we?" She whispered, sighing after. "I hate bothering you this late, I'm just really anxious and needed to hear your voice." He sighed, shaking his head as he pulled the hoodie on before he made his way downstairs.

He slid his shoes on quickly before grabbing his keys. Seeing Josh now awake in the living room, he tried to stay quiet. "You're not bothering me. I'll be at your house in a few, alright? Are you gonna be okay until then?"

Simon saw Josh turn his way, smiling lightly before waving. Simon waved back, grabbing his keys. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Thank you, Si." They hung up before he was walking out.

"Is she okay?" Josh asked, stretching before standing up. "Sagelyn, I mean."

The taller of the two nodded, shrugging lightly. "She's anxious. I'm gonna take her driving and then hopefully she'll be able to sleep."

"Be careful. Night Simon."

"Goodnight, Josh."