35

Sagelyn hadn't gotten better until the day before the 2016 charity match, walking from her closet after opening her suitcase. "Babe?" Simon called after knocking on the door to Sagelyn's new home in a pattern twice and walking in.

"Upstairs!" She called as she stood on her tip toes to grab a sweatshirt from the top shelf. "Hi, handsome." She told him, seeing him plop onto her bed as he smiled.

He watched her pack, walking from place to place to find or get what she needed for the three day trip. "My mom and sister flew out for the match." She told him, closing her suitcase.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?!" He asked, seeming a little mad. Her eyebrows raised, being taken aback.

She shrugged, making eye contact with his angry eyes. "I didn't realize it would be a big deal, Simon." She told him lightly, keeping calm. "It's just my family. They wanted to support you guys."

"That's so much pressure!" He told her, looking away from her and standing up. "Why wouldn't you ask me first?"

"I thought you'd appreciate it." She told him, backing up from him. She knew he wouldn't hit her, but she didn't like being near him while he was mad. Especially since this was their first "fight" and she didn't know what to expect.

His eyes softened as he saw her back away from him. "Sage, I'm not gonna hurt you." He told her, his eyes coming to furrow. "You thought I was gonna hurt you."

"No I didn't!" She told him sternly, looking up at him. "We've never fought, I don't know what to expect!"

"You think I would hit you?" He asked, hurt coming to his eyes. "You just coward away from me!" He told her, sadness lacing his voice. He walked towards her bedroom door and walked downstairs.

She sighed, following after. She saw him pull on his shoes. "Si, don't do this." She told him, watching him grab his keys. "Simon. You can't just leave without talking to me."

He went to reach for the door handle, ignoring her until he heard her sad voice whisper. "Stop," She said, her voice ragged. "Please, Si." His head lowered, and he sighed.

"I'll text you tonight."