29

Simon,

You have no clue how much trust it takes to leave you with my daughter, but I don't mind. Your love for her is so clear to me, and I've never seen her trust someone like she trusts you.

I wish I could see you two ten years from now, even if it's not together. Whether you two are married with a child, or if you are with another woman, starting a family and Sage is doing whatever. I'd love to get to know you more.

I feel like I know you so well, Sagelyn never shuts up about you when we Skype or talk on the phone. You have no clue how infatuated she is with you, Simon.

She literally described how you make her feel once. She told me this, and I quote.

"Dad, you have no clue. He's so... amazing. He's got the most amazing smile, like it could light an entire room. His eyes are so bright they could make the moon jealous, and so blue the ocean is mad. His voice is so perfect and he thinks he's too tall and too skinny but he's so attractive. He's also so sweet, and his personality is so perfect."

She then chuckled before sighing and whispering, "I like him way way too much. What if he hurts me?" And I told her that if she was this infatuated with him and if she was that happy with you then the pain may be worth it.

But now I've met you, and I agree. Your personality is great, and you're so kind. You show so much respect to my little girl, and I couldn't thank you more.

Here's your list of what I've learned about you:

• You don't know when to speak up without feeling awkward.
• When Sagelyn does something, you remember it.
• When you see Sage doing something you think she's great at or if she just looks pretty, you can't keep your eyes off her.
• You have so much love in your eyes for that gorgeous little girl.
• You're gonna be great with kids. (Ryker already called you "Uncle Simon" to me earlier. He likes you a lot.)
• Sagelyn's mother LOVES you. We have heard so much about you and we figured that Sagelyn was just crushing really hard and exaggerating, but no. You're great for her.
• You wear glasses when you drive, and Sagelyn loves them.
• You're willing to drop everything for Sagelyn, even if it's to fly across the world for a week.
• Sagelyn will come to you with anything
• You spoil Sagelyn with love and happiness.
• You also plan on spoiling her with flowers and other materialistic things, which no one will mind.
• You remind her that she's more important to you than the fans that hate on you guys online.
• You're not scared of posting about her without confirming you're together.
• You let her be herself.
• You think she's gorgeous without makeup.

And now here is your list for things I hope you try to do:

• Cuddle with her every chance you get
• Forehead kisses (she loves these, especially from you)
• Hug her.
• Buy her flowers at least once a month.
• Pick a record and song together
• Dance to that song when you're standing in the kitchen making cookies for no reason at 10 PM
• When she's crying and trying to push you away, pull her closer.
• When she's being silent, give her art to make, a book to read, or an instrument to play.
• Kiss her goodnight.
• Never be afraid of telling people you love her.
• Discuss the moment you realized you loved her with her in the future.
• Visit her hometown at least once a year please.
• Let her nephew (or future nieces/nephews) call you Uncle Simon.
• Never buy her solid chocolate - she hates it unless it has Carmel or that strawberry/orange cream in it.
• Remind her how much you love her and everything you love about her
• Film with her
• If you ever have a little boy, name him after me (Sagelyn has wanted to use Timothy as a middle name since she was very young)
• Buy her a dog once she moves somewhere other than that tiny townhouse (her favorite dogs are bulldogs - French and English)
• Never let her give up on her dreams
• Let her stay in Illinois for a while after I pass
• When she goes silent, let her. Don't try to force words out, she just wants to think.
• Respect her.
• Trust her.
• Love her.
• Keep her happy and safe. I wouldn't want to trust any other group of people to do this.
• Listen to her sing.
• Wipe her tears.
• Comfort her through hard times.
• Cherish every moment with her.
• Make time for her whether it's a text, call, or face to face talk.
• Listen to her pointless thoughts and share your's.
• Remind her of her accomplishments, and how much is yet to come.
• Remind her of her beauty when she feels insecure.

Thank you for making her happy. I wish we had more time to get to know one another, but with the little time we had, I'm happy about it.

Treat her right.

Thank you so much.

- Timothy Beckham