Part Three

The younger blonde flashed his nervous gaze to Ashton.
"You can't be serious?"
"Deadly."
Ashton let a slight smirk slip onto his lips.
"What do you want from me?"
His tone resembled that of a scared child.
Ashton's gaze was unforgiving, despite Luke's cluelessness. The gun had been returned to his pocket by now, safely zipped inside.
"You owe a lot of people a lot of money."
Ashton's voice was flat as he looked Hemmings up and down.
"I owe nothing to anybody. There must be some mistake..."
Luke's gaze repeatedly returned to the right pocket on Ashton's jacket. His piercing gaze gradually edged away from the slightly taller man and Luke found the courage to move away from Ashton a fraction more.
"I'm being paid to get you to cough up - and I will do that,"
Ashton stepped towards Hemmings, destroying any distance between the pair.
Hemmings cowered away.
"I don't owe anything! You have the wrong person!"
It was as if he was already begging for his life.
"I never have the wrong person." Ashton made no attempt to keep the ice out of his voice. There was no need to. He cared very little, if at all, for the blonde stood in close proximity to him.
"You pay up, or you disappear. Just like that. Do you really want to take that chance?"