Part Twenty Five

Ashton was lounging on the couch when Luke headed nervously into the living room. It was as if nothing had happened.
Luke didn't speak and ask about having something to eat, although he was almost desperate to. Ashton intimidated Luke. A lot.
Ashton got up from where he had been seated and shot a glance at the time, almost seven in the evening. He knew Luke would be starving - what he had gone through wasn't exactly easy, even if it was his own fault. If he wanted something to eat, he would have to beg.
The older man had always had a thirst for control, but never a chance to do anything about it. Now he did.
Hemmings was stood awkwardly and silently in the doorway - Ashton knew perfectly well he was there.
After what seemed like forever, Luke entered the living room and sat down in the seat he had moved from earlier.
Ashton didn't speak to Hemmings, just ignored him as he turned on the TV. He flicked deliberately to a news channel and it was only a few minutes before they ran Luke's story again.
It was mostly so he could see Luke's expressions as he watched it. That was one of the few things that he had never done: Watched one of his victims watch the aftermath of their disappearance.