Part Seventeen

Luke couldn't bring himself to his feet, he was still overwhelmed by everything.
He wished he could - he wished it was possible for him to get to the front door. Before anything happened.
Surely, though, if he wanted him dead, he would be dead already.
Luke forced himself to take some comfort in that fact.
Luke sat anxiously on the couch after that, hearing water running in the kitchen and then a sudden silence.
Then footsteps.
Luke had his back to the kitchen and he daren't turn around.
Ashton stepped into the living room, still wearing the dark shirt and leather jacket. It was easy to see the handgun tucked away, especially when you knew it was there.
He sat opposite Hemmings and placed a glass full of liquid on the table.
"Drink this." was all Ashton said to Luke before sitting back and watching the blonde boy.
"What is it?..." The blonde mumbled, picking up the glass.
He was right to be skeptical.
"Just water."
"Really?" Luke asked, swirling the ever so slightly clouded substance around in the clear glass.
"And painkillers. You'll need them."
Luke stared at the glass for several seconds, before taking a nervous sip.
He then put the glass down and glanced over to the older man.
Luke was smart enough to know he couldn't just try and leave and hope for the best. Ashton didn't even need to tell him that this wasn't his choice to make. It should be.
"Call me Ashton - I already know you're Luke," Ashton finally said, still studying Luke's expression and movements.
It did feel good for Hemmings to put a name to the face, but that was the extent of any positive feelings he had.
The rest were thoughts of mild despair as he came to the realization that this wasn't going to be easy, nor would it be like a movie.