Part Twenty Nine

Ashton woke early as usual, taking a short while to make himself presentable. He pulled on a dark shirt, similar to that he had worn the previous day, and a pair of black jeans that were ripped at the knees.
He headed downstairs and into the living room, knowing Luke would still be on the couch. He debated waking Hemmings up but decided against it for now.
Ashton, instead, headed into the kitchen and made himself a coffee. Without thinking of Luke, he returned to the living room and sat in the spare armchair to the left of the couch.
It wasn't until he finished his coffee that he did attempt to wake Luke.
"Luke - wake up," was all he said, leaning over and shaking Luke's shoulder lightly.
Luke didn't stir.
"Hey, Luke, wake up," Ashton repeated, a little louder this time. He shook Hemmings' shoulder again for good measure.
Luke groaned and pushed Ashton's hand away from him.
It took Hemmings a while to sit up and start to become aware of his surroundings - the dark hunger in his stomach hadn't gone away overnight, only worsened. It wasn't like he was brave enough to ask Ashton for food, though.
"Morning," Ashton addressed Luke quite brightly.
At this moment, Luke turned and almost stared at the other man. He caught himself, though.
"Uh... morning?" he mumbled, blinking away the sleep in his eyes.
No more words were exchanged until Luke finally spoke up.
"Hey, Ashton, um, I - uh -" He began to stammer, not focusing on his words as much as he could have been.
"In the kitchen, there's cereal and stuff, eat whatever you want for now." Ashton replied, as if knowing what Luke was about to ask. "You didn't try and leave last night." he added, only reinforcing the idea that Luke had to stay here.
But had Luke heard him right? Surely he couldn't have...
"Thanks, um..." He trailed off as he brought himself to his feet.
Ashton didn't pay Hemmings much attention as he went into the kitchen. He knew it would take very little for Luke to pull a knife on him. But, he also knew that he had Luke wrapped around his finger.