Part Thirty Four

Luke nervously seated himself on the edge of the couch, unable to deny his confusion about Ashton's actions. He just put it down to him fucking up, and that being Ashton's way of proving it.
A few minutes later, Ashton returned with a take out menu. He flicked through quickly himself, before handing the leaflet to Luke.
"Pick whatever you want and just tell me when you're ready."
Those words were all Ashton said before letting Luke read through the menu.
Luke didn't take long choosing his order - just a plain cheese pizza. He was almost nervous to ask for any more. But, after the events of the last few minutes, he had almost completely lost his appetite anyway.
Luke stayed silent as Ashton ordered the food over the phone. He could have taken the chance to try and get help. He had no motivation to leave any more. From what Luke knew of the police system, it wouldn't take long for his case to go cold and people would stop looking. Maybe he didn't want anyone to find him... If he worked things out well with Ashton, maybe he wouldn't end up dead. If he stayed on Ashton's good side, he might come out the other side alive.
Ashton finished up on the phone and hung up, glancing over at Luke. He really wasn't surprised that Luke didn't speak up, there was no way the younger blonde had the courage to do so.
"It'll be here in like fifteen minutes, you're not to answer the door, you hear me?"
Luke hurriedly nodded, suddenly hit with the realization that he wouldn't be brave enough to leave, even if a flawless chance arose.