Part Eleven

Luke groaned as he rolled over, unable to open his eyes because of the blinding light. The pain in his head was a sharp one, unlike anything he had experienced before.
And there was blood. Not much, but enough to cause Hemmings panic. It didn't seem like he was bleeding, though. Despite feeling it in his hair and on his shirt, there seemed to be no source. That worried him.
He guessed he was on a couch somewhere, but where was completely unknown to him.
He was aching all over, and Luke's thoughts were intangible and blurred. Right now, the only thing he was able to recollect was that he had been trying to get away. Get away from someone...
And it had been important, he thought. Why else would he feel so nervous at this moment?
Hemmings honestly felt as if he would vomit if he so much as attempted any more movement, other than rolling over. So he didn't attempt it.
Gradually, he found the strength to open his eyes and, after several more minutes, forced himself to sit up and take in the unfamiliar room.
It wasn't anywhere he had been before. He was sure that he would recognise the plain walls and seemingly hospital like covers all of the chairs had, even the couch. It wasn't something he would forget.
Luke slumped back against the couch cushion and took several deep, yet shaky, breaths.