Part Twenty

Luke stared at Ashton, dropping the gun. It hit the ground with a heart wrenching clatter.
It took him several moments to realize that he had almost shot a man. It might have been instinct, but it was still wrong that he even took that into consideration.
He stepped back from Ashton, who had a certain fire in his eyes - one that reflected anger.
Ashton made his way towards Luke, and Hemmings just backed away apologetically. It was as if he was only now realizing what he had done.
Instead of giving himself a way out already, he'd just ruined his chance.
Luke wasn't expecting Ashton's next move. And it happened so quickly. Luke had no time to defend himself.
The taller man grabbed hold of Luke and twisted him around, slamming him backwards into the door frame.
Luke gasped and winced as he hit the wooden frame, trying to pull away from Ashton.
"I could have killed you. And I haven't. You should be fucking thankful. You hear me? You should be thanking me."
Ashton's voice was harsh and he didn't let go of Hemmings, even when Luke nodded.
Ashton had pressed himself up against Luke, even standing on Luke's feet to prevent him moving, although Luke was still struggling - silently now.
The older man reached blindly up to his left, feeling around in a cabinet.
Luke didn't see what he took out. Not until Ashton was tightly binding the duct tape around his wrists to keep them in place.
Luke had completely stopped attempting to pull away now, as if accepting that he had little control.
Ashton's small act of dominance already put him over Luke, in a sense. It hadn't taken much to force Luke into the mindset of temporary obedience.
Ashton wasn't done though - it didn't seem like enough.