We Need To Talk-I

*Marzia*

It's dinner time. One of the three times of the day when the whole family gets together. We usually talk about fun, happy stuff that is going on in our lives, but today's dinner might be the most serious one yet.

I sit timidly at the table and chew quietly on some fritelles. Noticing my silence and idleness, my dad says 'why are you so quiet Marzia? Did you and Felix break up?'

Wow. That just made the announcement so much easier. (sarcasm)

'no papa, we are still together, but we have problems. You see, Felix and I can't afford to keep on travelling back and forth to Italy and Sweden, but we love each other so much, it's been one day since I came back from Italy and I am longing to be with him again. He said the same thing....'

'so what are you getting at, Marzia?'
'papa...'
'come on Marzia, spit it out.'
'I want both of us to live together in Sweden.'

My dad spits out the water he just drank and stared at me like I was a traitor.
Before he could open his mouth, I added 'I know it's been six months and all. Even Felix wasn't sure that this would work. We made an agreement to work this out for a month and see whether it works.'
He still stares at me, but now with hesitance.

'my little girl...'

My mother holds his arm and takes him aside. After a few words are exchanged, they both come out, satisfied.
The last time I saw that look on their faces they had just bought my pet pug, Luna.
So this must be good.
'Marzia, you can go'
I light up and jump into my parents arms.
'We're letting you go because we trust you, love you and we know that you are capable of making good decisions on your own. So you go out there, and don't let us down, sweetheart.'

If only there is a way to show them how much this means to me...

[A/N: finally an update! Imma write another chapter before disappearing into oblivion for two months.
Pleeease leave a comment, they motivate me and convince me that my book is not very bad...
Oh and thank you for your support! I've been in the top 1000 for three weeks straight!!! I would really love to interact with you guys so pleeease comment again haha... Okay bye]