A Lot More Serious

• Dedicated to Andrew Scholz

CHAPTER 29

A Lot More Serious

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

"Katie, I'm in love with you."

I stared at him for a few seconds, shocked. I didn't know what to say. He turned away, hurt that I didn't say it back.

"No, Zach," I said, turning his head back to face me. "I'm... I'm in love with you, too."

"You are?" he asked, smiling. I nodded, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I know it's early to say it but... I am," I said. He smiled as the light turned green.

"Good, me, too."

We drove back to the hotel, both full of butterflies. I mean, our relationship just became a lot more serious. We arrived at the hotel, and Zach came and opened the door.

"Andrew wants us to meet him and Colton in his room, if that's okay."

"Yeah, let's go," I said. We went into the hotel, got into the elevator, and went up to the third floor. We walked to Andrew's room, and I was about to knock, but Zach stopped me.

"Hang on," he said.

"What do you mean...?" I asked, but was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. He pushed me against the wall next to the door, and I ran my hands through his hair, deepening the kiss.

"OH, GOD!!!" I heard someone say. We pulled away, and saw Andrew covering his eyes. "I thought I heard someone out here, but I did NOT need to see that!!" My face flushed red with embarrassment.

"What happened, why is Katie all red?" Colton asked, walking out.

"Oh, I don't know," Andrew started. "I just came out here all innocent thinking it might be the room service guy delivering my food, but then you know, I walk out and find these two making out on the floor!"

"We were not on the floor," I said, still embarrassed.

"Because that makes it any better," Andrew said. Zach rolled his eyes and walked into Andrew's room.

"At least we did it in the hallway and not in your room!" he called, and I giggled.

"I'm scarred for life," Andrew said.

"It wasn't even that bad!" I said. "We were just kissing, how's that bad?"

"It's not bad, he's just overreacting," Colton said.

"Overreacting? I'd like to see you walk out on that then," Andrew said. Colton rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch.

"We could always reenact it," Zach said.

"Or not," I said.

"Anyway," Andrew said. "So, you're all probably wondering why I called you here today." It was silent. We were all watching TV. "As you know, we only have 2 weeks left of the tour, so I thought we should try to hang out for a little while before it ends."

He followed our gazes and saw that we were all watching TV. "And no one's listening to me..." He sighed and sat down, too.

There was a knock on the door, and Andrew got up to open it. He came back with 2 boxes of pizza.

We spent the rest of the evening talking, laughing, and eating. Eventually, we decided to watch a movie. I cuddled up next to Zach on Andrew's bed as the movie started.

"Please don't do anything too gross. I have to sleep on that," Andrew said, and I laughed.

"No promises," Zach said, smirking.

About halfway through the movie, I decided to head back to my room. I was pretty worn-out from going to the zoo, and it was getting kind of late. Zach walked me back to my room. I kissed him goodnight, and walked into my room. I got ready for bed. I finally crawled into bed and fell asleep very quickly, excited for tomorrow's concert.