Nine

We reached home fast that evening, scared that something bad will happens to us. I locked the doors, all the windows and always stick with my little sister. I was spacing out, looking at Eun who was colouring with crayons.

"Look, this is you and me" She smiled. "my teacher told me to draw something that's precious to me and it's you!" she smiled as i took the drawing blocks from her. I was smiling but it's not too long after i saw her drawings. I stared at myself that was drew by Eun. 

She looks the same as you

"What's wrong Unnie?" Eun asked me. "Is it bad?" She asked. "No, you are good on drawing. But.. hmm" I sighed, makes her be worried over something unknown. "why are u prettier than me?" i asked. She didnt say anything and just laughed of my question. I should be like a mom, dad and a sister for the whole time just to entertain Eun and makes her happy since she doesn't have them except me.

The next day, i woke up and did my morning routine as always then sent Eun to the kindergarten. But this time, i wont be late anymore and i decided on go to her school earlier than it should be, just to see who disturbed her yesterday.

As i stepped into the school compound, someone greeted me. "Holla" A girl said with her kind smile. "Why did u absent yesterday?" She asked. She's my friend, Chae. just a close friend and not a a bestfriend. She told me that she likes me (friend way) because i always help her in the experiments and revisions. Or in a short term, she always rely on me and ask for my help. 

But i dont mind it that much, as a good friend we need to help each other right? just like what bangtan does. "Im not feeling well" I smiled and just shrugged it off. Soon, we arrived at our class and entered. The whole class were studying quietly, focusing on their books make me wonder what has gotten into them? Usually they will be so loud when the teacher is not here yet.

At last my question has been answered when the confetti was be thrown from above and they blew the whistle party. "Congratulations!" All of them shouted, makes me more shocked and confused. "For??" I asked while removing the long strips on my hair. "because you won the second place on writing essays" They shouted happily. 

"me?" i asked. "that's right, only three winners will be announce and yesterday they did. "such a pity that you didn't come yesterday but you are such a lucky girl too because they cancelled the assembly yesterday because the teachers has a meeting!" They shouted out, happier than before.

"Oh my goodness" i sighed in relief and looked at the Chae who was staring at a spot. "I did it!" I said to Chae, happily. Not to be vain but nobody can stops us when we are too happy over of success.

"Congratulations!" She smiled wide, until i can't see her beautiful eyes.

I cant stop smiling, i always get one of the highest ranking as the top students n the school and today i got another award. I know it's just a second place, but it's great than nothing. I still will bring back the trophy and the amount of money that i won by entering this competition.

~

I walked out from the class after i bid them my goodbye and walked straightly to Eun's kindergarten. They are not out yet, there's still five minutes until it ends. I wait patiently while looking around, if there's any suspicious person around here but no, nothing.

I was hiding by the wall as my eyes stared at the main door. Finally it's 6p.m and the kids rushed out from there. I was confused, which one's Eun? i can search for her because too many kids, they're like ants. 

Ten minutes passed.
Fifteen..
She's not there

"Eun!" I started to shout, many of them already went home, leaving me there alone with uneasy feelings. "Jun? what are u doing here?" I turned to her, Eun's teacher. "i want to pick Eun up, but i can't find her" I said, sweating hard. 

"Eun? didn't u pick her up early today?"