Part 25

“No let’s not do it now,” said D’ark to Spratz, “it is too cliché, an interrogation in a sparsely furnished careworn office.”

“You think your office is careworn?” commented Spratz. “I would say abuseworn myself.”

“Never mind with the silliness, I think I may take him to Mooncash for a coffee.”

“So you’re going to take him to a coffee house? And not even a proper Mooncash but a Soviet copy. You expect him to spill the beans?”

“Oh very good Spratz. Now I wonder if I can come up with a good pun,” said the Colonel as he did up his top button in the mirror and made other small grooming actions. “I know, I could use the old bean to think of something,” he smiled at Spratz, thinking he had cracked it.

“I have already said beans. That wasn’t a very good pun. More like something you say at the end of a pun battle.”

“Oh, well what would you say?”

“We should hit the ground running, do it while we’re here.”

“Oh well, if you think so.”

“No, that was the pun, ground, as in ground coffee.”

“Oh excellent Spratz, I say you are very good at this. I wonder why you were cast as the snivelling underling and me as the evil spymaster?”

“Maybe the casting director was no good, maybe it’s the way it’s written.”

“Oh, so if I want to appear witty and erudite I just ask the Author or maybe the screen writer?”

“We are in the book at the minute so ask the Author.”