Part 51

“I suppose it would have been difficult for them to put a runway in on such a small island,” thought Arthur.

“If they had linked it up to the nose socket it would have looked like the island had a runny nose,” laughed Sid.

Carstairs stopped, then looked at Arthur, “Did you need to bring him with you? Surely you could have done the mission alone? It would have been a lot quieter.”

“Author’s plot development I’m afraid,” explained Arthur, “he thinks it wouldn’t be funny enough without Sid.”

X’s man stopped the projector, Croploft switched the lights on.

“Is that it?” questioned Sid, “We didn’t even get any popcorn!”

“I have been told by N that you can have as much equipment as you want,” advised Carstairs.

“Can I have a 1962 Astin Martin like James Bond?” asked Arthur.

“I don’t think you need one of those,” thought Carstairs.

“But you just said we can have as much equipment as we want.”

“Need.”

“You said want.”

“I may have done but you should get what you need not what you want.”

“Can I have a Nellie?”

“A what?”

“One of those little mini helicopters like James Bond used in ‘You Only Live Twice’.”

“You don’t need one, you have Sid.”

“Are you saying I’m a Nellie,” inquired Sid, “I would like to tell you that I have been on a diet and have lost two pounds.”

“I did not mean you were Nellie the elephant.”