Part 40

Meanwhile Arthur was trying to encourage Fiona to leave, “We need to get out of here,” he said to the drone.

“Plug my Vladimir in, I want to see if he is all right.”

“Phoo,” Arthur blew some air out of his cheeks. He found a socket and plugged ‘Vladimir’ in. The coffee machine burbled a bit and its lights flashed.

“Water needed,” spoke Vladimir.

“Give him some water,” ordered Fiona, “he must be thirsty.”

“He needs water to make tea,” explained Arthur, “not because he’s thirsty.”

“Maybe he needs to make a cup of tea because he’s thirsty?” thought Fiona.

“No he doesn’t,” baulked Arthur, “the last order I gave him was for a cup of tea for me. Now can we please get going?”

“Oh Vladimir,” cooed Fiona, “are you alright my love?”

“I am within acceptable parameters,” replied Vladimir, “How are your parameters? Are they acceptable?”

“Parameters shamameters,” moaned Arthur, “if we don’t get going soon the whole Varangian army will be breathing down out necks.”

Fiona looked over to the access gate, “You will need to raise the gate to let us out.”

“Right,” marched Arthur as he went over to press the button that raised the cellar gate. “I hope Sid has dealt with the guards…”