Part 47

“Ok,” said Sid, “that’ll do for now. you don’t want some Sid tablets to help you out next time do you?”

“Hrumph! No I don’t, now let’s get after Fiona and Vladimir.” Arthur climbed on to Sid’s back and they both flew off into the direction of Hong Kong to the tune of Hong Kong Garden by Souixsie and the Banshees.

Hong Kong was still a British colony in this dimension because the Chinese had ceded it to the Britannicans in perpetuity. X’s department was in the residence of the Governor of Hong Kong. Sid and Arthur landed in the Governor’s garden as the Governor was holding a tea party. Two guards went over to them to escort them into the Governor’s study.

Governor Darby entered shaking his head, “Gentlemen,” he addressed Sid and Arthur, “I am trying to hold a tea party. Then you turn up in a battlesuit and upset the proceedings. What do you have to say for yourselves?”

“Sorry?” said Arthur.

“You can usually land in my garden for covert government purposes but they should have advised you that I was holding a tea party today and to come in through the front door.” He took his feathered hat off and loosened his belt slightly before he sat down. “What do you want?”

“A cup of tea would be nice, seeing as you are holding a tea party,” replied Arthur.

“I hardly think it pertinent at the present time. I don’t know how to explain your entrance to the guests as it is.