Part 26

“Don’t I have to do something nice first though, like compliment him?”

“”Well that’s what the good characters do to get things given to them or helped in some way. There may be a problem though.”

“Oh really, what?”

“Well in the third book…”

“Which one’s that?”

“Up and Away. As I was saying, in the third book…”

“Is that the superhero one?”

“Yes,” Spratz paused a little to see if D’ark would get the hint, “in the third book…”

“I haven’t read that one.”

“Will you stop interrupting me, you seem to have a habit similar to the Author one which annoys his wife intensely.”

“Sorry Spratz please continue.”

“In the third book Emperor Imperator was nearly turned to the light side when he complimented the Author, “gabbled Spratz.

D’ark looked quizzically at Spratz.

Spratz looked back.

“I’m sorry,” said D’ark, “but you gabbled that, could you repeat it please, my English isn’t good enough to understand gabble?”

Spratz spoke quite slowly in a condescending manner, “In the thirs book Emperor Imperator was nearly turned to the light side when he complimented the Author.”

“Really? I thought the Star Wars parody was in the second book?”

“It was, well at least you’ve read the second one.”

“Yes, and The Detective One, that is very good.”

“anyway, compliment the Author at your discretion and don’t kick up a fuss if you turn into one of the good guys before the end of the book.”

“Er, - what do I say?” whispered D’ark.